Question

Slow internet speed

• 26 May 2020
  • 5 replies

I am having very poor download and upload speed since the last 3 days. I don’t have a broadband connection and rely on the mobile hot spot for data. I have not made any changes to my setup - I have been using the same mobile phone and kept it in the usual place since the last few months, but since 3 days the signal has been really bad. Can you kindly help?

5 replies

Just to add, I have already checked the coverage here and even though it is showing strong coverage, I am not getting good internet speed (less than 1 Mpbs download):

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Vikas 

Welcome to the iD Community.

Please contact our Live Chat team who are able to assist with account related support.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

We are running a limited service via webchat so you may experience extended waiting times. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Unfortunately, we’re currently working on reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Hi! I'm new to IDmobile. whilst at home, love the wifi calling and texts. not so happy now I'm back at work.  indoor and outdoor speeds are unworkable!

average 0.40 Gb and that isn't a typo. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re very sorry to hear of that @DaveC1933

Could we get the full postcode for your place of work to try and see if potentially any known issues are affecting the nearest mast there?

Why iD Mobile?