Question

Internet not working in the house

• 17 July 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I have had the id SIM for a month now and in most of my house I get very low internet or no internet. Can you please solve it. It shows very good network in my postcode B8 1PE

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Check out the network coverage map in id’s website for your postcode. You may need to reposition your router.

I don't have router. It's on my phone. I checked on the map and it shows good but not when I am using!!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Smahmed, unfortunately the online coverage checker shows theoretical coverage not actual real world coverage. 

In addition, there appears to be some ongoing work in your area according to the Three UK (iD Mobile network partner) network status checker: 

Outside a little away from my house the network seems to work fine. But just as I come close to my house It faints away and in the house not work at all!!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Outside a little away from my house the network seems to work fine. But just as I come close to my house It faints away and in the house not work at all!!

That’s not unusual @Smahmed. Indoor mobile reception and signal reception at any given location can be affected by many different things.

If you’ve got a Wi-Fi network at home, just use the iD WiFi Calling service with your handset, to workaround poor coverage indoors - I rely on Wi-Fi Calling at home because I live in a mobile network not-spot.

Thanks Buds,

I have WiFi calling active. But slightly confused how it will work better inside the house if network itself is poor!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks Buds,

I have WiFi calling active. But slightly confused how it will work better inside the house if network itself is poor!

Okay @Smahmed, it’s because mobile phone networks and Wi-Fi networks use different parts of the radio spectrum to transmit and receive radio signals. 

The radio spectrum used by mobile phone networks is allocated and regulated by OFCOM for use by specific mobile operators, whereas the spectrum for Wi-Fi networks uses a reserved bandwidth range, but can be used by anybody.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Smahmed,

Indoor coverage can vary due to many factors.

If the issue is only happening when inside but outdoors is fine, this is likely the expected coverage for this postcode due to the factors restricting your service when inside.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?