no outdoor or indoor signal in my half of the village CW6 9YR

• 10 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have moved to a large village in Cheshire and half the village gets a signal outside and half the village doesn’t. Really annoying. Even the kids have to meet up where there’s a signal so they can use their phones. Really annoying. Is there any hope of things changing. 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You may need to use a different service provider in that case @Mum007.

The coverage (signal reception) on the main UK networks, i.e. Three (iD Mobile), Vodafone, EE and O2, at any given different location can be significantly better on one network compared to the other networks.

You may need to speak to people in the village to find the best mobile network for your new location @Mum007
🍀 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mum007,

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear about the coverage issues you are having.

Firstly it’s worth checking our Coverage Checker HERE to check the level of coverage we provide in the area.

Secondly you can check to see if there is any maintenance or unplanned outage in your local area HERE as this could be causing an impact with the levels of coverage.

If the links above show good coverage and no issues it may be a faulty handset or SIM card. It’s always worth trying the iD Mobile SIM in a different handset and a different SIM in your handset.

If you have a compatible handset, you should be able to use WiFi Calling to boost the signal when connected to a WiFi network. This will help eliminate Blackspots. You can can find further information on Wi-Fi Calling HERE.

Kash

Userlevel 1

There is no coverage in my half of the village on the map. Why is that. Do we need a mast. We are not a remote village 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mum007,

You can see on the Coverage map here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage

The coverage isn’t good for your villiage.

iD Mobile uses Three UK’s networkf or coverage so any Three UK network would suffer.

As @andewhite suggested, it’s best to speak to locals to find the best network coverage in your area.

It won’t be iD Mobile, Three UK and Smarty for example.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?