Solved

No service as Three reports mast repair but no updates

Userlevel 1

I have a holiday home in Yorkshire and spend lots of time there, Two weeks ago I got no signal and contacting ID I was advised to try a new SIM card. This I knew was incorrect because if I drove 5 miles I get service.

Three service status confirms an issue with no fix date, my partners o2 sim is fine.

So what do I do when I can’t use my unlimited data or receive texts or calls?.

sue

icon

Best answer by andewhite 7 November 2022, 17:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve got a Wi-Fi network in your holiday home, and your phone is supported with the iD Wi-Fi Calling Service, use this service to make and receive calls & texts.

A list of supported phones is at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling - scroll down to the “How do I get Wi-Fi Calling?” section to enter your handset.

Good luck @SueJar

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply but the issue is I can’t use the service I am paying for (unlimited), we have communal WiFi but that’s no use for streaming etc.

Sue

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @SueJar, in that case I suggest you log a complaint with iD.

Although, the terms & conditions of all UK mobile network operators, including iD, do not guarantee you’ll always have mobile data / network reception, whether or not you’ve got an unlimited plan.

Good luck @SueJar

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @SueJar 

Coverage isn’t guaranteed accross the whole of the UK and only really looked at the main addresss. We can look at coverage issues for different postcodes to see if there’s any work ongoing.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

This is the problem, I used the three service checker and I know there is a fault BUT getting a sensible answer (not a replacement sim) or use WiFi  is impossible.

The post code is LA10 5QJ and I’m here more then at home but I have to use my other address for mail etc.

Just to add that on the Chat system last week I was told it would be sorted in a few days.

Sue

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Userlevel 1

As I said in my First post and previous one I KNOW there is a service issue so not to sure why the last post but once again it does Not solve the problem.

The issue has now been ongoing for three weeks with the same message from Three, ID said a replacement SIM card and then said it will be sorted in a few days and still not working.

Sue

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @SueJar, I’ve had this same network status message for past 3-4 months in my home area.

I haven’t even bothered to ask iD Mobile when the work will be completed because, they’ve got to ask Three UK.

Unfortunately, communication channels between iD and Three don’t seem to be reliable. 

Userlevel 1

This is what I have to deal with on the chat “support “

I have had a look at the coverage in your area LA10 5QJ and I can view that 3G and 4G is Excellent Outdoor and Good Indoor. However, 3G and 4G coverage in your area there is unplanned work in this area. This could be affecting the coverage on your phone. We do apologies for this inconvenience caused, the unplanned work has been ongoing. Kindly be advised that we do not have control to the works taking place within an area and we do not encourage this, that is why it is our duty to inform you the issue and and be able to advise you if it can be fixed or not and advise you the best resolution. Kindly be advised that iD Mobile does not cover full UK as some places may have poor signal and some may not.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Indeed @SueJar, the communication channels between iD and Three don’t seem at all reliable.

Time to look for an alternative mobile network service provider perhaps?

Can you find one that provides real-world good reception (not just theoretical coverage), in the main locations you use your mobile phone?

Anyway, good luck @SueJar

Userlevel 1

Just tried to log a complaint and I’m sure they act stupid on purpose, once again after about 15 minutes I get the usual check sim blah blah, then she offered me £10. I tried to explain I want to leave ID because they are not offering me the service I paid for, she then told me there service checker was down so she couldn’t confirm my query and to allow 48hrs and try again.

You couldn’t make this up , I have a contract I can’t use and they won’t let me leave .

Sue

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just tried to log a complaint and I’m sure they act stupid on purpose, once again after about 15 minutes I get the usual check sim blah blah, then she offered me £10. I tried to explain I want to leave ID because they are not offering me the service I paid for, she then told me there service checker was down so she couldn’t confirm my query and to allow 48hrs and try again.

You couldn’t make this up , I have a contract I can’t use and they won’t let me leave .

Sue

Sounds like obfuscation from iD - the Three UK network status checker is not down.

I’ve found you need to, no matter what the iD agent says, keep repeating you want to log a complaint, and eventually they’ll do that but, make sure you get your complaint reference number.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

We’ve had the above status all over Swansea for a whole year now. Three obviously are not working on the local masts! Kinda makes Three’s network status next to useless/pointless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@SueJar,

We can certainly look further into this and see if we can get an estimate for a fix.

Also if you haven’t already logged a complaint we can look into that also.

Please let us know here and we will assist you further.

Kash

Userlevel 3
Badge

@SueJar 

0800 049 2376 complaints team

Have had the same issue. Have been sent two new replacement sim cards. As they try to blame the sim card.

Then when you direct the complaint to ID complaints team, they do nothing, but send you a 'deadlock letter' refusing to help, claiming there is nothing wrong with the network! Basically its their way of fobbing you off.

That letter can be used to initiate an Ombudsman claim for ID mobile to be investigated.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/communications

Basically I did this and ID mobile admitted faults in the Ombudsman portal and also the Ombudsman found faults with the company also! 

Basically ID Mobile could have sorted this out when it went to their internal complaints team. But they refused to acknowledge.

Hope this helps you out and anyone else reading.

Why iD Mobile?