Question

phone rings once and then cuts off when calling friends phone

• 1 November 2022
  • 14 replies

Have Samsung A12 handset with Id mobile, everything was working fine but now when calling a friend with a Samsung a22 handset also with Id mobile the phone only rings once and cuts off, they then call me back, works fine on all other calls, any ideas.

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Does your friend see a missed call (from your Galaxy A12) on their Galaxy A22 @Mad dog? 

The friends phone also rings once or twice, before cutting off.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So @Mad dog, your friend sees this as a missed call, in the call history on their phone?

Anyway, might be a network, or a SIM card issue.
Have you removed your SIM card to check it’s not broken or damaged, and is free from fingerprints?

I recently had an issue calling one number too - my call was not answered, and always got disconnected after 30 seconds. iD were never able to solve the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mad dog,

Are you still having issues with this?

Does your friend have a standard 07 number they’re using or is it a landline?

Mohammed

Hi, yes still issues, both in UK, both with Id mobile, no issues with any other calls or numbers, no problems with this number up until about 6 weeks ago 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Mad dog,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I have the same exact issue can someone help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Amalo 

Is this happening when calling just one number or multiple?

Have you checked your area on the iD Mobile status checker?

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Tom , this happens only with a specific number and more particularly when they call me. I can call them fine. They can call everyone else just fine too.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Amalo,

Have you just joined iD Mobile or been with us for some time?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi @Mohammed .

I have been with ID mobile for some time now. Cant remember the exact date but definitely more than 6 months.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Amalo 

Have they tried deleting you as a contact and then trying again?

Are they only unable to call you? Are they able to text via SMS? (Not iMessage or RCS)

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hey @Tom ,

They are able to send me SMS. They have tried removing me from their contacts and tried again but the result is the same. It is only happening with this one user who is also ID mobile. So it is only happening between us two, they dont have any other issues with anyone else and the same goes for me.

My issue is the exact same as the user starting this thread. So i assume the solution will be the same? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Amalo 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?