Solved

Poor connectivity recently in multiple areas

• 23 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

What's going on with iD?? 

7 months ago I switched to iD as i was told they were great. Now I'm finding the network frequently slow, Unresponsive in several areas. Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire. 

I'm beginning to wish I'd stayed with ee as their coverage was better. I only changed because ee are too expensive 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 24 May 2023, 15:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @petecbrdude,

We use Three UK’s network for coverage.

Three UK are in the process of disabling their 3G masts so it could see some reduction in 3G coverage, but improving their 4G and 5G coverage accross the UK.

What’s the full postcodes of the areas so I can take a look?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed, the locations are:

NG17 4EG  DE55 4QX

LN8 3QT   PE25 2UG  PE253JD

Thanks. petecbrdude 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @petecbrdude 

NG17 4EG, DE55 4QX, PE25 2UG, PE253J have a good 4G signal and no reported outages. What issues are you having in these locations?

LN8 3QT has a good 4G signal however has a reported outage that Three UK’s engineers are working on. How long have you had issues here?

Tom

Userlevel 1

@Tom 

NG17 frequently as that's my home area. De55 frequently as that's my work address. 

The others were experienced on Sunday on a day outing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @petecbrdude,

Have you had a replacement SIM tested yet?

It’s possible the SIM could be faulty as we’re not seeing any mast issues at the NG17 or DE55 postcodes.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi @Mohammed no I've not had the sim tested. 

Cheers petecbrdude 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @petecbrdude,

We can get a new SIM out via PM or you can collect one from your local Curry’s store.

Please let us know and we can assist you further.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kash 

The sim was new when I took this contract on about 7 months ago. Surely it should be ok, never had sim trouble before. 

Kindest regards Pete 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @petecbrdude,

SIM cards whilst may be fine can develop faults and not enitrely out of the question. It is one of the steps we do require to test when troubleshooting.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed so we can send a PM if required.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?