Question

Poor signal with new Suamsung Galaxy S22 ultra

• 6 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I recently moved from EE to ID and got a contract with a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.  I am not getting great coverage pretty much everywhere I go and often struggle to do anything on this phone.  I know that ID is known for not having as good coverage as EE but the odd thing is my Wife’s phone is a Huawei P20 pro about 3 to 4 years old also with an ID sim card in it and she gets a lot better signal than I do!

Any suggestions as it is getting quite tiring to not ever be able to use this phone!

Thanks

Sandy 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @SandyS,

Are you able to try her SIM card in your phone and vice versa?

This should rule out any handset/SIM issues.

I’d be intrigured to see what the coverage is like when the SIMs are swapped.

Let us know how you get on.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thanks Mohammed that is a good idea, as soon as I can I will do so.

Cheers

Sandy

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

No doubt the two devices have different antenna, which determines the quality of reception on the handset.

Various other online communities suggest you’re not alone experiencing reception issues using an S22 Ultra - whatever the network.

Userlevel 1

Hello @SandyS,

Are you able to try her SIM card in your phone and vice versa?

This should rule out any handset/SIM issues.

I’d be intrigured to see what the coverage is like when the SIMs are swapped.

Let us know how you get on.

Mohammed

OK I did try this and the ID sim from her phone also showed a much lower signal in the Samsung s22.  Seems there is an issue with Samsung Galaxy phones and getting a decent signal!!  Any ideas?  Can this be resolved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @SandyS 

Thanks for trying that out, it seems the issue itself would be with the device, I’d recommend taking the device to your local Currys store or Samsung store to take a look into your options for repair and/or warranty.

It’s also always worth resetting the network settings or device itself fully to see if that fixes anything.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @SandyS 

Thanks for trying that out, it seems the issue itself would be with the device, I’d recommend taking the device to your local Currys store or Samsung store to take a look into your options for repair and/or warranty.

It’s also always worth resetting the network settings or device itself fully to see if that fixes anything.

Tom

Thanks Tom - may try a complete reset and see if that helps, will need to backup what I have first.

Cheers

Sandy

Userlevel 2

Did you get any joy with resetting your phone Sandy

Userlevel 1

Did you get any joy with resetting your phone Sandy

Hi Rebecca,

Many thanks for the reply.  No I am still struggling with signal while the other phone on the same network gets much better signal.  Strangely I have found that when we went to Dublin for a trip, I got pretty good 5G signal there.  It just seems to be around Glasgow that it is bad.

Cheers

Sandy

Why iD Mobile?