Reception at home was great now it's terrible

• 19 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi

For at least the past 5 weeks phone and internet has been really poor at my home address. 

It used to be fantastic before this.

The service status says they are working on masts in my area with no estimate of time for completion.

But it's been going on a long time. Getting very tiresome now.

Phone calls are practically impossible. I have to repeat everything I say multiple times.

When is this work going to be finished? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Matthew Warr,

Sorry to hear that.

Three UK are currently in the process of decomissioning the 3G masts as part of their next steps for 4G/5G.

This is likely the case that you may have had a 3G mast in the area that’s been taken down.

What’s the full postcode of the area you’re at?

Mohammed

SK12 1AT 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It seems there’s ongoing work in your area @Matthew Warr

I’ve had the same message at my location for around 12-months now.

Other forum posts about similar issues have suggested the Big Network Build activity is Three UK (the iD Mobile network partner) upgrading the backhaul segment of their network infrastructure, which could take months.

Although, it should probably be finished by end of 2024, when Three complete the shutdown of their 3G network infrastructure.

Thanks for the reply but....end of 2024!! I got rid of my landline a while back. This is the only phone I have. If that's the case I'll need to look into another supplier. A phone network that doesn't have sufficient coverage at my home is useless to me. Such a shame because it was brilliant not long ago. The upgrade seems more like a downgrade!

Why iD Mobile?