Skip to main content
Solved

Unable to make or receive calls

• 19 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I have received my new SIM card but cannot make or receive calls. It's showing 1-2 bars of 4G and I have tested the phone with my old EE SIM card which works perfectly fine so it is not the phone. Do I need a replacement SIM card for this to work?

Hi @JoanGriff 

Sorry to hear this, please try the following;

For iPhone;

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset eDevice] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For most Android;

Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

For Samsung; 

Settings > General management > Reset > Reset mobile network settings

Resetting network settings will NOT reset any personal data (Photos, Videos, Contacts etc) only network settings.

Tom

I have the same problem. Unable to receive calls unless they come from another phone that uses ID Mobile. All othe networks I am unable to receive calls from. I've been in contact through chat with technical team who just keep escalating the problem but nothing has been resolved in over a month. 

I've mayhe foolishly recently taken out a second line with ID Mobile and I am having problems with receiving one time verification codes but I can receive normal texts from mobiles.

2 lines both with problems. Over an hour on live chat. Feeling very low about it all.

Hi @PhoneProblems 

Sorry to hear this, are you unable to receive all OTP codes or just some?

Tom

I have received my new SIM card but cannot make or receive calls. It's showing 1-2 bars of 4G and I have tested the phone with my old EE SIM card which works perfectly fine so it is not the phone. Do I need a replacement SIM card for this to work?

Is this in a certain area? If you enter your postcode into the Network Status Checker, do any faults come up? 

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage