Solved

Upload Speed Is Slow

• 4 December 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey ID Mobile, Hope You’re All Ok and Staying Safe.

So I’m Just Gonna Put This Out There, My Upload speed is extremely slow, Reaching inbetween 3 - 5 mbps (sometimes lower than 3), is this a technical glitch? If so, please help me.

Just Asking Cause I need The Upload to be higher for My Live-Streams.

Cain.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 22 December 2020, 14:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @BLACKBEARD 

We can confirm the signal in the area is fine and your local mast is also fine with no reported issues, however, there is a long-term outage at your neighboring mast which may cause the issue of slow internet. We can confirm this is an unusual issue that will take a carefully planned approach from a number of different teams to resolve. Because of this, it may take a bit more time than a normal fix would.

-Mohsin

Postcode is PL 21 0JT. When I was on contact  costing £17 a month I never had any problems. Since going to sim only costing £6 a month I have slow speed and in some cases sites take a long time to load. Seems as I pay less per month the service had also been reduced. Because of this I am considering leaving ID mobile. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @BLACKBEARD 

We are sorry to hear you have recently seen a loss in coverage in regards to your data speed. Please can you provide us with your postcode so we can check the signal in your area?

-Mohsin

Hi I've got the same problem. Since going from contact to sim only my cover and speed is poor. Contact was £17 month sim only £6 month. If you pay less does that mean they cut your service. Before change over I had no issues

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Ryan,

You’re Welcome, Also, The Data Started To Get Better Around the 18th My End, It’s All Good Now, Thanks For The Help!

Hope You Have A Good Christmas!

Cain.

Glad to hear that Cain, you too!

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Ryan,

You’re Welcome, Also, The Data Started To Get Better Around the 18th My End, It’s All Good Now, Thanks For The Help!

Hope You Have A Good Christmas!

Cain.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Cain,

Thanks for that! I have checked your coverage and it should be at a good level indoors as an estimate. There was some disruption to 4G around 14th - 16th December and some work on the mast around 29th November but nothing else that we can see.

Has the connection got any better recently?

Ryan

Userlevel 1

just gonna put this here, CB5 8UN

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed, so sorry for the late reply, just saw thi

How do I send you my post code, over private message, or in this topic?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Cain,

Upload speeds do tend to be lower on mobile network and factors can depend on congestion, distance from mast etc.

Please can you confirm your full postcode so I can check the masts in your area.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?