Solved

wifi calling INCOMING not working

• 21 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I am using iphone SE, iOS 11.4.1.
Just activated my new sim.
All is working ok, except for INCOMING wifi calls - they just switch straight to the voicebox.
The OUTGOING wifi calls are working as normal.
I have reset the iphone network settings just in case, but no change.
Is there a solution or is this a common failure ?
icon

Best answer by peterbrendon 26 August 2018, 15:34

View original

3 replies

I have exactly the same issue - I have been through the ID website checklist as below and ticked all the boxes.
I can get a 'ID wifi call' indicator in the left top corner. I can make calls out when no network signal - but incoming calls don't get through - they to voicemail after a long pause.

To enable Wi-Fi Calling on a compatible Apple handset (mine is an iPhone 6 - OK per list), follow these steps:
Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. YES
Upgrade to iOS 11.2 11.4.1
Accept new carrier settings DONE
Go to settings > Mobile data > Wi-Fi calling
To check your carrier settings, simply tap Settings > General > About while using an iD SIM. The carrier field should display iD 31.1 or greater. 32
I have switched off phone and rebooted too

Thanks
Userlevel 1
Hi. There is hope ! After about a day and a half it came good. All working as it should. I suppose there is a bit of time for the system servers to set themselves up with a new sim. I also imported my old number, that worked too. Anyway, all good now, well done iD. 🙂
By the way, as far as I can tell, it won’t work with a payg sim. You need a monthly contract sim and/or phone.
Hello Peter,

Well I'll sit tight and hope it sorts itself out. I phoned ID and they were not well briefed.

I was told that wifi calling will not work without a strong network (not wifi, 3G/4G, – I made sure that was clarified).
When I asked why I would bother with wifi calling if I had a 3G/4G signal, they had no explanation. (I suppose, thinking about it, other than perhaps avoiding a few paid minutes).

I was also told that every time I want to use wifi calling I must switch off mobile data. On off, on off, when going out of / into a building where signal is poor. !!!
The 'ID wifi call' flashed up while mobile data was on, so I wasn't going mad thinking it could be left alone.

Neither being correct, I despaired of getting an answer and said my thanks and goodbyes.

Thanks for your help. Fingers crossed.
Dominic

Why iD Mobile?