Question

wifi calling issue

• 8 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I have been with ID Mobile for some years. I use wifi calling a lot as I have poor signal at home. Lately I have had an issue that I can no longer chose WiFi preferred option and phone always tries to use mobile network. I complained to Samsung as I thought this was a phone issue but they are now telling me that my provider is not allowing this option. Can someone confirm this as if true I need to change provider

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

As a new customer, I've had this since day one. Apparently the network can choose mobile network preferred. WiFi calling only comes on for me if the signal is 1 bar or less. If I switch to flight mode it comes on instantly.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I did experiment with modes and routines to switch to flight mode when I get home and switch WiFi on, but it wasn't always accurate and didn't switch back quick enough when leaving home.

Annoying isn't it. Mine was working with wifi preferred until recently. Don't know why it's stopped, I can understand a provider wanting you to use their network but makes no difference when you have unlimited calls on your contract