Solved

Also recieved 2 SIMS instead of 1

• 22 July 2020
  • 2 replies

I placed an order for a new SIM only deal online.  Got 1 email confirming order, with Order Ref, then a second email apologising for the delay (same Order Ref), then the following day an Order Confirmation, with same Order Ref.  All good.

The following day 2 Direct Debit emails come through at the same time.  Both with identical “Originator Identification Number” so no issue.  (Wrong!!)

2 SIMS turn up.  I use one to activate my account, app etc and transfer my old number to from elsewhere.  2nd SIM, untouched.  Tried to use Live Chat as there was no one in Call Centre to speak to but it was greyed out each time I tried for weeks.  Finally got through and spent ONE HOUR trying to explain this to ‘Tarryn’ and get him to a) scrub the second SIM and b) refund my £16 that ID had by now taken from my account for this second SIM.

He told me to leave my account open for the cancellation to go through and final bill to be processed (would not get it that it was NOT my account so why the hell should I have to have another month’s payment taken) and to watch the App for updates (I haven’t registered this SIM nor set up the App for it - grrrrr!)

Then finally said he would close the account (I never opened it but OK) and rise complaint with billing.

So now Billing has just sent 2 emails (why everything in pairs?) simply saying “We've finished investigating your account query. We can confirm that there were no errors on your bill, and no incorrect charges were applied.”

What gives ID Mobile?  Seriously, what the hell are you doing?

icon

Best answer by Kevin 22 July 2020, 17:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Gezz 

We responded to your other message elsewhere and messaged you privately already with intent to clear this up for you.

If you could check your messages here, we’ll take it away from there.

Yep - I noted that to you in that thread and have responded with relevant info in the DM, but haven't had a reply to the DM acknowledging receipt of info.

Why iD Mobile?