Skip to main content

Posting on behalf of my brother as I recommended ID Mobile to him - now I feel guilty.

He purchased a new Samsung S24 Ultra on an ID Mobile contract but through the Carphone Warehouse platform (all owned by Curry’s, I believe). The problem is, when DPD delivered the package there was an iPhone 15 Pro Max inside.

Things escalated when we took the device to a Curry’s/Carphone Warehouse store and a member of staff pointed out that the iPhone is a fake. Following internal investigations at Carphone Warehouse, it appears the genuine Samsung was switched for the counterfeit iPhone during transit. DPD are denying this, although they have admitted to letting a member of staff go.

My question is - has anyone else suffered this scam? And if so, what did you do to resolve it?

After over a month of endless emails, it looks like we will be heading to the small claims court. 

Hey @Sophie31,

Sorry to hear your brother has had issues with his delivery. Unfortunately as it was purchased Carphone Warehouse, you’ll have to continue conversations with them, rather than iD Mobile.

Thanks.