termintaed within cancellation period but still charged

• 14 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I purchased a new phone and ID mobile pay monthly contract through carphone warehouse earlier this month. My husband had arranged a new phone contract for me through his work so I immediately contacted Carphone warehouse to cancel the contract. There was a 14 day cancellation period during which NO CHARGES would be incurred. I have proof Carphone warehouse received the phone back within this period and they confirmed via online chat there would be no charges. I didn't even open the delivery package.

I have now received a final bill from ID mobile? I was assured there would be no charges and cancelled the order straight away. I've cancelled my direct debit so the payment doesn't automatically come out of my account as I want this charge removed.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Annacorner,

As per our terms & conditions, iD Mobile contracts are activated on dispatch and when cancelled, a final bill is produced. You are liable for the line rental from the moment it’s activated until return.

If Carphone Warehouse claimed there would be no charge, then it appears you have been misadvised here.

We would recommend paying the balance (as you are liable for this) and then obtaining a refund from Carphone Warehouse.

If you don’t pay any balance, this may negatively impact you.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?