Solved

5G not detected by ID but detected by all other operators

Userlevel 1

phone is realme gt2 pro which uses same software as OPPO and it does have 5g as i have tested this with other sim cards , i can even force the 5g on ID but i have to do this on every single restart with app because of ID restrictions
why dont you enable like all the other operators for the phone to detect the 5g properly automatically

thinking of switching after few years because of this
dont tell me sorry your phone is not supported in our list , you will lose lots of customer because of a simple integration which every other operator did 

after the manual selection i can have 5g but i lose it after restart because of ID 5g cant get recognised automatically so i have to switch again manually

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 4 April 2023, 20:42

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 1

so i have tried
lebara(vodafone)

EE

O2

on all of them straight away i can use 5g and is detected properly , calling you guys tomorrow to speak if you cant do anything i am switching

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

There is no telephone support at iD Mobile, only live chat. iD Mobile won’t be able to do anything other than tell you it’s not on their list of supported 5G devices, and that they are frequently adding new devices to said list bla bla bla.

Userlevel 1

There is no telephone support at iD Mobile, only live chat. iD Mobile won’t be able to do anything other than tell you it’s not on their list of supported 5G devices, and that they are frequently adding new devices to said list bla bla bla.

thats what i was thinking but hoping to do one more try , but looks like the only contact will be to get the porting authorisation code :)
at the moment i am with crippled phone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mite Janev 

Unfortunately as suggested by @WelshPaul we’d only be able to mention at the moment that the Realme GT2 Pro isn’t officially supported by us therefore we wouldn’t be able to offer much support in the failure of 5G on it with an iD Mobile SIM card.

We’d recommend trying the iD Mobile SIM card in a supported device and testing services with that.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Mite Janev 

Unfortunately as suggested by @WelshPaul we’d only be able to mention at the moment that the Realme GT2 Pro isn’t officially supported by us therefore we wouldn’t be able to offer much support in the failure of 5G on it with an iD Mobile SIM card.

We’d recommend trying the iD Mobile SIM card in a supported device and testing services with that.

Tom

so it works on 

lebara(vodafone)

EE

O2

Giffgaff

i am pretty sure it will work on three too , you have something messed up in the auto settings that are recognised by the phone from the operator or you are doing this in purpose to sell your own phones
your loss guys , i can switch easily to another operator , i didnt want to but i am forced
like i said i can force the 5g through engineering mode and get 5g on ID but i cant be bothered to do this on every restart

Userlevel 3

Hi @Mite Janev 

Unfortunately as suggested by @WelshPaul we’d only be able to mention at the moment that the Realme GT2 Pro isn’t officially supported by us therefore we wouldn’t be able to offer much support in the failure of 5G on it with an iD Mobile SIM card.

Tom

so it works on 

lebara(vodafone)

EE

O2

Giffgaff

i am pretty sure it will work on three too , you have something messed up in the auto settings that are recognised by the phone from the operator or you are doing this in purpose to sell your own phones
your loss guys , i can switch easily to another operator , i didnt want to but i am forced
like i said i can force the 5g through engineering mode and get 5g on ID but i cant be bothered to do this on every restart

Hey there @Mite Janev, we apologise that this is the case and that you feel this way. As mentioned, only certain devices are 100% supported on ID Mobile/Three, and we are always looking to improve and add more in the future. We apologise that isn’t the case for the device you have currently and we wish you all the best in the future.

If you have any other queries, please let us know. 

Kind regards,

Tyler

Userlevel 1

Hi @Mite Janev 

Tom

so it works on 

lebara(vodafone)

EE

O2

Giffgaff

Hey there @Mite Janev, we apologise that this is the case and that you feel this way. As mentioned, only certain devices are 100% supported on ID Mobile/Three, and we are always looking to improve and add more in the future. We apologise that isn’t the case for the device you have currently and we wish you all the best in the future.

If you have any other queries, please let us know. 

Kind regards,

Tyler

thats lebara(vodafone) for you indoors wa50nj postcode which you dont have 5g coverage , outdoors it is even better, still waiting for the response from ID this week which was promised over the phone , if nobody responds i am switching

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Looks like Three are working at that postcode @Mite Janev.

Not only are they working at that postcode, the coverage checker reports NO 5G coverage at that location at the time of posting.

Userlevel 1

Looks like Three are working at that postcode @Mite Janev.

Not only are they working at that postcode, the coverage checker reports NO 5G coverage at that location at the time of posting.

that might stay like that for months :) they cant sort the outdoor first not to mention the indoor , i dont mind all this main reason i am frustrated is that 5g switch is gone with ID and on 4 other operators i tried it is there , not to mention VOLTE or VOWIFI

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I think iD take the easiest operational options for their mobile virtual network.

Being a low cost MVNO, with limited technical resources, things like a 5G switch for Android, VoLTE, et cetera, might not be considered as necessary by iD. It appears you’ve got plenty of alternatives though, if you’re not satisfied with iD.

Userlevel 1

I think iD take the easiest operational options for their mobile virtual network.

Being a low cost MVNO, with limited technical resources, things like a 5G switch for Android, VoLTE, et cetera, might not be considered as necessary by iD. It appears you’ve got plenty of alternatives though, if you’re not satisfied with iD.

ofcourse i already got the lebara sim paid 3£ for 21gb first three months to try it , still want to make this work with ID as they have free roaming in north macedonia where i have relatives when i travel i can use the calls and data but yeah from all operators three has the worst network , i doubt they will do anything , what is strange is that on some phones like xiaomi redmi note 12 pro i could get the 5g switch even though they dont have it listed as supported , they just need to configure their network properly so all phones will recognise the 5g , doesnt look complicated if all other networks can do it

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Intrigued to know how free roaming works in NM?
NM doesn’t appear in iD’s inclusive EU roaming list, nor as one of iD’s roaming destinations.

5G support for the realme gt2 pro could be too complicated for iD Mobile.

Userlevel 1

Intrigued to know how free roaming works in NM?
NM doesn’t appear in iD’s inclusive EU roaming list, nor as one of iD’s roaming destinations.

5G support for the realme gt2 pro could be too complicated for iD Mobile.

even though not in European union somehow they have inclusive roaming there (it is in the list) , probably they have agreement with the local operators , not sure how but i dont think any other operator has this not even three i think
check band 2

and upon further digging i found this

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

👍

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Both Android and Apple have Network profiles that contain custom configuration options used to enable and disable various features and options. I suspect that the networks have to pay some sort of licensing fee to enable and use 5G on certain handsets.

Userlevel 1

Both Android and Apple have Network profiles that contain custom configuration options used to enable and disable various features and options. I suspect that the networks have to pay some sort of licensing fee to enable and use 5G on certain handsets.

exactly the operator tells the phone what option to enable/show
i have swapped already , might return once they sort their network configuration

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, I know it’s not ideal but this is not the end of the world like your making it out to be, I have done bench tests before using 2 devices 1 on 5g and 1 on 4g loading the same page etc and depending on the area there’s not much in it if anything in some places so this really is a “1st world problem” also when you buy these cheap devices that are not very mainstream you have to expect some hiccups. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The realme GT 2 is a mid range phone @mitts with a retail price tag of somewhere between £400-£500. So hardly a cheap phone. You also can’t compare a 4G & 5G data connection based on how fast a web page loads.

My 4G speed test:

My 5G speed test:

5G offers higher speeds, less latency, capacity for a larger number of connected devices, less interference and better efficiency. So yea, I would be annoyed if I had spent £500 on a 5G phone only to later find out that I couldn't use 5G on it.

Userlevel 1

excuse me cheap device ? mid range ? think twice before such nonsense

DISPLAY Type LTPO2 AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 800 nits (HBM), 1400 nits (peak)
Resolution 1440 x 3216 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~526 ppi density)
Protection Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
PLATFORM OS Android 12, upgradable to Android 13, Realme UI 4.0
Chipset Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4 nm)
GPU Adreno 730
MEMORY    
Internal 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
  UFS 3.1
MAIN CAMERA Triple 50 MP, f/1.8, 24mm (wide), 1/1.56", 1.0µm, multi-directional PDAF, OIS
50 MP, f/2.2, 15mm, 150˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.76", 0.64µm
3 MP, f/3.3, 20mm (microscope), AF, 40x magnification
Video 8K@24fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, gyro-EIS

BATTERY Type Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
Charging 65W wired, 100% in 33 min (advertised)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Mite Janev,

Hopefully it’s a handset that we can get approved in the future.

You can view all the 5G compatible handset with iD Mobile HERE

Kash

Why iD Mobile?