Solved

5G on Oppo Find X2 Pro

• 9 September 2021
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi, I saw this discussion 

but am still not clear.  My phone, the Oppo Find X2 Pro, is 5G compatible but not listed in the iD 5G handsets.  When I signed up with iD I checked and was told that compatible handsets would get 5G.  So far I have never seen the 5G symbol appear, and 5G is not listed under Preferred network type in the phone settings.  Before I pick this up with Oppo, can anyone confirm whether they are getting 5G from iD on the Oppo Find X2 Pro, whether the SIM/network drives the 5G option availability in the phone settings, or should it be there anyway, and it is missing because of a phone issue?  Thanks

icon

Best answer by Emil 10 September 2021, 14:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @AndyX2Pro Unfortunately we are yet to receive confirmation from our technical teams as to when the OPPO Find X2 Pro will or if it will become available for use on our 5G network. 

Whilst you may have a 5G device, until it has been tested, approved and enabled for use on our network, then your phone will automatically connect to 4G or 3G. 

To stay up to date with all the latest devices that have been approved, please view the article below.

I hope this helps and answers your question. 

Emil

Userlevel 2

Hi @Emil thanks for getting back to me, although it’s the X2 Pro I was asking about, not the Neo.  I suppose the same thing applies?

How do we get our phones onto the approved list?  Is there a way you caould ask your users to help you by testing for 5G on their devices?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @AndyX2Pro Sorry, that was my mistake I was supposed to write X2 Pro. But yes, as you said the same principle would apply for all 5G devices currently not listed on the article I shared with you. 

Whilst, this is a great idea, unfortunately that would not work as the tests that are undertaken are quite vigorous and technical. 

But not to worry, the article is regularly updated, so keep an eye out for when new devices are added. 

P.s If I was able to answer your question today, please mark my first response as ‘Most Helpful’ using the button underneath the response. 

Emil

Userlevel 2

I checked this prior to signing up, this is from the chat transcript:

Andy: great - and my phone is 5G capable, I think I should get 5G if it's available?
xxxxxxx:

If your handset is 5G compatible and you are in an area that has 5G then yes you should be able to make use of 5G.

Andy: excellent, thanks for your help

I removed the name of the operator but I can give it to you if it helps.  It does not say it depends on whether iD have tested the device.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @AndyX2Pro,

We won’t need the operators name, but if you an provide the time and date the conversation took place, we should be able to locate the conversation from that and the bit of dialogue you’ve provided.

Will

Userlevel 2

Hi Will

I can give you the entire transcript including the time and date but will that make any difference as to whether my phone is added to the 5G list?  If not can you at least let us have the backlog of phone models waiting to be added?  My concern is to know when my phone will get added.  If that is never, then I have the option of going to another provider who does support 5G for my phone.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @AndyX2Pro,

It’s just so we can provide the feedback to the agent in question so they don’t provide incorrect info again. It won’t have a baring on the handset being added, and we can’t provide the backlog as you’re requesting.

If you’d like assistance cancelling your plan due to this, please let us know and we’ll provide that for you.

Will

Userlevel 2

OK - disappointed that you can’t give any idea as to when the phone might be added, or I suppose even the criteria iD uses to decide, but I have to compliment you on responding promptly and over the weekend.  Chat start time was Sat, 28 Aug 2021 14:34:58 +0100 GMT

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @AndyX2Pro,

We’re sorry to hear of your disappointment, and honestly, we understand why you’d feel that way.

Cheers for providing me with those details, i’ll get that fed back so further training can be provided.

If you need help with anything else, please do let us know and we’ll be happy to assist.

Take care.

Will

Userlevel 1

I had the same problem and honestly believe I was misold this as a 5G handset and plan from Carphone Warehouse which said "ready for 5G" but turns out it isn't supported.  ID customer services we're next to useless and told me to complain to Carphone Warehouse.  

Thankfully I found a workaround online though.

Open the telephone dial and enter *#54794824# Do not hit the dial button though. After you've entered the code a message in the lower half of the screen should appear saying "5G switch activated". Then the option should be there in settings to connect to 5G. If not check if it is there after a restart.

I've done this and now get 500mb connection in the town I live.

Userlevel 2

@Michael Johnson what a star!  The option appeared and I now have 5G as a preferred option!  I haven’t tested it yet but that’s a great tip.

Userlevel 1

I’ve only had the phone a week, and I love it!  Coming from a Huawei P20 Pro it has some big shoes to fill.

When I noticed that I didn’t get 5G in town (no 5G at my house yet sadly), and then the preferred option to select 5G wasn’t even available, I was confused.  This led me to ID’s website and your post which made me really annoyed, especially as the post was 2 months old and the handset is still being sold and not supported!

I found that tip on the XDA developers forum, and have calmed down somewhat now. :)

Hope it works for everyone else in the same position, glad I could help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Cheers for sharing @Michael Johnson.

That sounds like some fantastic advice.

Will

Can't believe this isn't added to this phone yet. New phones come out and it's added to them, however a phone that's been out this long isn't? I was told by the Currys mobile salesman that it would support 5g (I used to work for CPW and know things have changed and by the look of it for the worse) I genuinely think YOU shouldn't be advertised as a 5g network as YOU select which models have it regardless of testing. I like iD as a network as it's competitively priced and coverage is ok, but the lack of 5g infrastructure is disgraceful (even Virgin mobile have 5g for ANY 5g mobile)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @RobR

Thanks for your feedback and I’m sorry to hear you feel this way.

If you believe you were missold your purchase by Currys, you’ll be able to raise this to them to discuss further.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?