Question

About ending contract

Hi my 2 year contract of Iphone 13 pro max+ unlimited calls,data and sms is ending on March 6. What I have to do to get a new sim only contract?

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Shyam Koirala,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you looking for a new contract or to upgrade to a SIM only contract?

If you wish to keep your number I would advise checking your SIM only upgrade options via the iD Mobile app.

Kash

I want upgrade to sim only contract. But its not allowing me to upgrade. It says there is no plan you can currently change to.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I want upgrade to sim only contract. But its not allowing me to upgrade. It says there is no plan you can currently change to.

Could the iD Mobile back-office systems and web facing “My iD Account” system be out-of-sync? 

Perhaps check upgrade options, in iD app or iD account online, on 7th March @Shyam Koirala.

🤞 

I try to buy a sim only deals from Uni days. It says I need 3  year billing history but I am in UK for 2 years only. So I can’t buy that deal now?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I try to buy a sim only deals from Uni days. It says I need 3  year billing history but I am in UK for 2 years only. So I can’t buy that deal now?

No you can’t @Shyam Koirala. You need to have been living in the UK for 3+ years.

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Shyam Koirala, thank you for getting in touch.

As @andewhite has kindly responded, you would need 3-years UK address history to be able to purchase a handset or SIM only contract.

You don’t however need 3 years UK address history if you’re ordering a Pay As You Go SIM card.

Kind regards,

Tyler

Hi 

I found a better deal from unidays. So I bought a new deal of unlimited call, message and 80 gb data for 10£ per month and now I want to cancel or replace my old contract with new one and keep my old number. Now what I have to do to cancel my contract or replace it with the new one which I brought.

Kind regards 

Shyam

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi 

I found a better deal from unidays. So I bought a new deal of unlimited call, message and 80 gb data for 10£ per month and now I want to cancel or replace my old contract with new one and keep my old number. Now what I have to do to cancel my contract or replace it with the new one which I bought.

Kind regards 

Shyam

Okay @Shyam Koirala, you’ve bought a second connection to the iD network, which means you’ve now got 2 iD accounts - one for your old contract, and one for your new contract.

If you want to use the mobile number from the old contract with the new contract (your unidays deal), and also close the old account, then you will need to perform what’s known as a triangle-port.

🍀

So what I have to do or can you do it from your system?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So what I have to do or can you do it from your system?

Can’t be done on the iD Mobile systems, @Shyam Koirala, so you need to do the following:  

1. Get a PAC from iD Mobile, for your old iD contract (the number you want to keep).
  2. Give the PAC from step 1) to another PAYG service provider (e.g. giffgaff). 
  3. Wait until the number you want to keep works with the new PAYG SIM from step 2).
  4. Get a PAC from the PAYG service provider (the number you want to keep).
  5. Use the PAC from step 4) with your new iD Mobile account (the unidays deal).

🍀

Where I have to give the PAC I tried the way they told me in mail but it say can’t switch to same network 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay

Where I have to give the PAC I tried the way they told me in mail but it say can’t switch to same network 

Okay @Shyam Koirala, iD Mobile can’t / won’t move a number from one iD account to another iD account. 

You will need to perform a triangle-port - do this as follows:

1. Get a PAC from iD Mobile, for your old iD contract (the number you want to keep).
  2. Give the PAC from step 1) to a new PAYG service provider (e.g. giffgaff). 
  3. Wait until the number you want to keep works with the new PAYG SIM obtained in step 2).
  4. Get a PAC from the PAYG service provider (the number you want to keep).
  5. Use the PAC from step 4) with your new iD Mobile account (the unidays deal).

Can you please elaborate little bit? I didn’t quiet get it where to send my PAC and how to do it.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Can you please elaborate little bit? I didn’t quite get it where to send my PAC and how to do it.

You need to speak to another mobile service provider to obtain a PAYG SIM card.

I suggest getting a PAYG SIM card from giffgaff.

Once you receive your giffgaff PAYG SIM card, you can use the PAC from iD, with your giffgaff PAYG account (for the number you want to keep). 

There are lots of giffgaff online help & support articles, which explain how to switch your number to giffgaff.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Shyam Koirala,

If you require further assistance please let us know.

Kash

Hi

I just ordered a new sim to do port. It may take 2 3 days for me to do it. I don’t have to pay extra till that time right.Or else I have to pay.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi

I just ordered a new sim to do port. It may take 2 3 days for me to do it. I don’t have to pay extra till that time right.Or else I have to pay.

Unfortunately @Shyam Koirala, you’ll need to pay for both your iD contracts while they’re connected to the iD network.

🍀

Can I cancel my old contract contract and make it as PAYG?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

No can do acording to this post a few months back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Shyam Koirala,

It looks like @WelshPaul has answered your query.

If you require further assistance, please let us know and we will be happy to help.

Kash

Hi

I got my PAYG sim. Now Can I just port my old number or I have to cancel the contract. 

Hi I ported my old number to other network provider and I tried to port my old number to id again but it say you can’t port to same network provider.

What should I do?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

When did you port out the number @Shyam Koirala?

yesterday 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Is your old iD Mobile account showing as active? Might just be a case of waiting a day or two for the final bill to be generated. However, you should be able to submit a porting request the next day.

Why iD Mobile?