Solved

Account activation date change

• 19 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi folks,

I just switched my phone provider from Three Netwok to ID Phones and used a PAC code to transfer the number. I had no idea that using a PAC code automatically terminates the existing account. Unfortunately when I applied for the ID Phones contract I set the ID Phones start date for the end of my existing Three Network contract in 20 days time, not realising that I would have no phone service for 20 days. Three were unhelpful and I cannot contact ID Phones, all contact methods require a valid ID Phones phone number and as mine is not live I cannot use live chat, the support line, or even create an account. There is no sales team, or any other number than the support number which I cannot get into without a live phone number. Frankly I find this unbelievable. Does anyone have any idea how I can speak to someone?

Thanks for any help on this!

icon

Best answer by Tom 21 December 2023, 13:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Tranquility, you can ‘speak’ to iD support as follows:

You can use any telephone number on the iD online LIVE CHAT - also, just type “talk to a person” to avoid the 24/7 chat-bot.

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tranquility 

Three UK should have made you aware that the PAC code closes the account you’re moving a number from once it’s used.

However, if it’s been used the iD Mobile account would be active with the SIM and number, your iD Mobile number should be the one you’ve moved to us via PAC code.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks guys, I was able to contact ID support via the Facebook page and resolve it. They told me exactly what Tom has stated above,. The whole confusion was the application page offering an alternate start date which seems to be irrelevant in this situation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tranquility 

Glad to hear they were able to help in this case, please let us or them know if you need anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?