Solved

call forwarding won’t turn off

• 5 December 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I turned call forwarding on during the problems on Friday 1st December 2023 & now it won’t turn off or change to an alternative number. 

looks to be an issue within ID. 

even ##21# won’t cancel it, I get

error performing request

unknown error 

I contacted support on Sunday who said id get an answer within 48hrs. So far no response from ID. 

any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Chris-net 8 December 2023, 16:11

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET on your device, followed by an attempt to cancel call forwarding? 

Is there a setting in the Phone app on your handset to toggle call forwarding ON/OFF?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chris-net 

Call forwarding is typically a setting enabled/disabled in the device itself, not in our systems, have you tried the above suggested from @andewhite?

Tom

Userlevel 1
Badge

I turned call forwarding on during the problems on Friday 1st December 2023 & now it won’t turn off or change to an alternative number. 

looks to be an issue within ID. 

even ##21# won’t cancel it, I get

error performing request

unknown error 

I contacted support on Sunday who said id get an answer within 48hrs. So far no response from ID. 

any suggestions?

Either ##21# eventually worked after an hour or the support ticket I was promised was created after the support chat has finally been fulfilled. 

@andewhite i put the sim into a different freshly installed os phone and still couldn’t stop call forwarding. 

@Tom if you think about it call forwarding may be a setting toggled on the handset but it’s definitely a feature within the providers network. 

how could it work if my phone is off, broken, sim removed if it was reliant on the phone making that decision on dn I’m kind call?

in the olden days it was common to use gsm codes you would bash in to get the network to do things for you. We were used to using them on the pstn, to remotely control an answering machine or to make changes on corporate phone systems. The toggle in the menu effectively does the same task without having to remember the correct codes and sequencing. 

http://www.geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.php

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Either ##21# eventually worked after an hour or the support ticket I was promised was created after the support chat has finally been fulfilled. 

@andewhite i put the sim into a different freshly installed os phone and still couldn’t stop call forwarding. 

@Tom if you think about it call forwarding may be a setting toggled on the handset but it’s definitely a feature within the providers network. 

how could it work if my phone is off, broken, sim removed if it was reliant on the phone making that decision on dn I’m kind call?

in the olden days it was common to use gsm codes you would bash in to get the network to do things for you. We were used to using them on the pstn, to remotely control an answering machine or to make changes on corporate phone systems. The toggle in the menu effectively does the same task without having to remember the correct codes and sequencing. 

Maybe if signal reception is marginal, when you try toggle the call forwarding option on your handset it fails.

Wondering if the Three UK mobile network works with the GSM codes, which presumably started life on 1G and 2G GSM networks. Without a 2G network infrastructure, perhaps things work differently.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Maybe if signal reception is marginal, when you try toggle the call forwarding option on your handset it fails.

Wondering if the Three UK mobile network works with the GSM codes, which presumably started life on 1G and 2G GSM networks. Without a 2G network infrastructure, perhaps things work differently.

I had & have 4 bars of signal. 

I also tried with WiFi calling enabled/disabled. 

yes the gsm codes work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chris-net 

Glad to hear the suggested from @andewhite helped here.

Tom

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Tom 

sadly @andewhite suggestions where not what got this working. 

not sure where you got that impression from. 

I had tried all those things later on the 1st day through to the Sunday which did not work. 

The gsm code, ##21#, is what actually worked  

you can try the codes yourself  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chris-net 

Okay, so even though it was mentioned in your original post that “##21#” didn’t work, it did eventually work?

Tom

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Chris-net 

Okay, so even though it was mentioned in your original post that “##21#” didn’t work, it did eventually work?

Tom

@Tom 

if you look at my second post my first sentence explains all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Chris-net,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Chris-net,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi @Kash 

my issue is resolved. 

doing 

##21#

fixed the issue 

Why iD Mobile?