Question

Calls cut off mid call "sorry, the number you have dialed has not been recognised"

• 14 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been with ID Mobile for about a month.  I am currently in Belgium.  I have an iPhone 8 Plus. When I call a uk number, I get through and am talking to the person I have called, when a voice says “sorry, the number you have dialled has not been recognised” and then cuts off.

My husband has just tried to call me (to see if I can receive calls) and I hear a voice saying “sorry the number you have dialled has not been recognised … “. It then goes straight to voicemail.

Is this a network problem?    The network says BASE on my phone (that’s the one it automatically goes to).  I have not problems using mobile data.

Is this a problem with the APN?  I don’t appear to have access to adding a new APN (having looked up on the ID Community for similar problems).

I’d be very grateful for some advice. Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The iD roaming partners in Belgium are listed as BASE and Orange.

Normally APN settings are only required for a mobile data connection @Annie Newstead.

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET on your device? 
The handset user guide would usually explain how to d@Annie Newstead.

Perhaps best to contact iD support directly via one of their primary support channels:

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends). 

Userlevel 1

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Annie Newstead 

I’d recommend the same as @andewhite above.

Please try the following to reset your network settings;

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?