Solved

Can I keep my number? (yet another query)

• 23 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a Sim only deal, which I don’t need to change. My phone is faulty so I am buying a new one. Can I keep my existing number?

I have seen many similar queries answered but all seem to involve upgrade/change of contract etc.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Tom 27 November 2023, 16:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Buy a SIM free phone and just pop your existing iD SIM card in - you’ll have kept your number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Colin Cee-b 

If you’re just buying a new SIM free phone simply pop your iD Mobile SIM card into it, the number is with the SIM card, not the phone device itself.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the replies Ande & Tom but the old SIM card is not compatible, it is too big for the new phone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks for the replies Ande & Tom but the old SIM card is not compatible, it is too big for the new phone.

You need a replacement SIM @Colin Cee-b.
Get one from your nearest Currys store, or ask iD online by using the online Live Chat service. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks again for the reply Ande. I am aware that the phone needs a SIM card. I come back to the original question though - can I keep my existing number?

The live chat managed to answer the question for me. It is now sorted, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Colin Cee-b 

A replacement SIM card would be just that, a replacement, you current iD Mobile number, account etc would all be activated to the replacement once it’s activated.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?