Solved

can I use an esim on my iphone 15pro with iD mobile

• 5 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I have recently taken out a new contract with ID mobile and will be in Asia on a cruise soon. Can I buy an eSIM before I go away and load it on to my iPhone 15pro once there. The information is very misleading when I look for answers as it keep saying ID mobile does not support eSIM’s but then refers to Apple Watches at the same time. 

So the question is…. Does ID mobile support eSIM’s on iPhone 15pro 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 5 February 2024, 18:39

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Maria E-h, although iD Mobile don’t sell or support eSIM devices with their mobile network, using an eSIM from another service provider, alongside your iD SIM card in your iPhone 15 should be perfectly OK. 

Did this myself in 2023 with my iPhone. I used a data-only eSIM alongside my physical SIM card, at the same time. This worked really well for me, while roaming in Australia and USA. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Maria E-h,

Welcome to the Community!

I looks like @andewhite has answered your query.

If you require further information, please let us know.

Kash

Pretty much everyone else have an esim technology implemented is there any time frame when ID will add esim functionality ? Or maybe you not planning doing this in near future ? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Very few MVNO’s offer eSIM here in the UK @Mariusz Kowalik . However, all the main networks do now offer eSIM’s to their customers. Out of the four major UK networks, THREE were the last to implement eSIM’s. So, it’s unlikely that I’d Mobile will be in a position to offer them any time soon. 

Userlevel 1

I bought an e sim from Maya and was able to add it to my ID mobile iPhone and it worked a treat in the Far East. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Devices are no longer network locked here in the UK, so you can use them with other networks. Third party physical SIM’s and eSIM’s are supported. I’d Mobile though, do not provide eSIM’s to customers.

Userlevel 1
Badge

eSIM now available, need to do live chat and ask them for it. they will then email to you.

Why iD Mobile?