Solved

Can't receive calls after porting old number.

Userlevel 1

I have just joined iD, my old number has ported and I can make outgoing calls but can’t receive calls?

icon

Best answer by Nigel9710 20 May 2023, 16:10

View original

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Notagooner,

Welcome to the Community!

Firstly it’s always worth performing a network reset.

If you are using an iPhone can you please follow the below:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

If you are using an android please check your settings and ensure that the correct number is displayed under my number. This is done under Settings, Phone, My Number.

Kash

Hi,

I've had a sms advising my port has completed but I too am unable to receive calls

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Nigel9710 

Ports can take up to 10pm on the day they’re slated for, are you still having issues with a device reboot?

Does the desired number show when you make a call outbound?

Tom

All of a sudden it now appears to be fully ported. Now receiving calls and texts

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Glad to hear that @Nigel9710,

Thanks for letting us know.

Mohammed

I am having the same problem.  My number was supposed to transfer yesterday. I can make calls and send messages but not receive either. I chatted to someone at ID Mobile yesterday and they said they would investigate it but it would take 48 hours and I can’t afford to wait that long. Can anyone help please? Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @David Harris 791 

I’m sorry to hear this, when you make a call outbound does the correct number show on the receivers side?

An investigation may take some time should there be issues on our side, you may need to await some time.

Tom

I can now receive calls and texts. However when I send texts it shows as coming from my gmail account. When I try to select my number in iMessage it says activation unsuccessful. Same problem with FaceTime. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @David Harris 791,

Try turning off iMessage then restarting and then turning it back on, does this make a difference?

Mohammed

@Mohammed  I'm having same issues ported number from Vodafone and since I've been unable to receive most calls or texts but I'm able to ring them which shows the correct number can you help with this please 

Userlevel 1

I'm having a similar problem, it's preventing me from making an account on the ID app as well.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I'm having a similar problem, it's preventing me from making an account on the ID app as well.

Have you tried a network reset on your handset @Holly Taylor
Your handset’s user guide should explain how to do this.
🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ian Hollister 

I believe we’ve been on contact via social media about this, I’d recommend keeping contact there so we can assist.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Holly Taylor 

I’d recommend the above from @andewhite and resetting your network settings in your device and testing, let us know how you get on.

Tom

Hi

Same problem, just weird thing is that out of about dozen of people who tried to call or message me, only one is actually able to do it?

I'm having the same problem. They have been telling me it'll be ok by 6pm for the past 3 days and it's still not working. I also can't click on links. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Sarah Covill  and @MASTAGAMBLA,

Have you both tried to reset network settings?

@MASTAGAMBLA has that person been able to call you since? What network are they on?

Sounds like it could be a routing issue.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

I am also experiencing similar problems.

I received my SIM in the post a few days ago. I entered my PAC code online yesterday to keep my existing number to be completed today. 

Earlier today, my existing SIM (Vodafone), stopped working, at which point I entered my new ID mobile SIM into my iPhone. I can make calls and send out texts, but nobody is able to call or text me. They receive ‘Mobile number is incorrect’ when they try to call me.

The only person who can call and text me is my Wife, she is also on ID mobile.

Please can you advise?

I can say that mine is now finally sorted. It took about 4 days. 

Good news Sarah. 

Who/which department did you talk with to get this resolved? Any suggestions?

I went on the chat but not much happened with that.  It seemed there was a delay and it just worked eventually. Sit tight and it will be resolved. 

Hi, I am in the same position. Can you please help?

Ben

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Good news Sarah. 

Hey @Sab992,

Can you check to see if it’s now working?

@Benvito88  as above, it can take a few hours to fully update.

Try resetting network settings and testing again.

Mohammed

Good news Sarah. 

Hey @Sab992,

Can you check to see if it’s now working?

@Benvito88  as above, it can take a few hours to fully update.

Try resetting network settings and testing again.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

still not working for me unfortunately. I have my event ticket number I received from live chat if you could look into this for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Sab992 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?