Solved

can’t send text messages

And I can’t see how others have fixed this in the other posts. My messages only send if iMessage is available and I get a failure message every single time if not. This has been the case since I moved to the network. Can someone help please? 

icon

Best answer by Kezrobb 18 March 2023, 19:18

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve recently ported your number to iD Mobile, the following steps could help:

1. Turn OFF your iPhone @Kezrobb.
  2. Remove the SIM card - check it isn’t broken or damaged, without finger-prints on contacts.
  3. Wait at least 20-minutes, with your iPhone OFF.
  4. Assuming the SIM is okay, insert into your iPhone, and power ON.

Sadly not. The good old turn it on and off trick has been tried multiple times with no luck. 

any other ideas please? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Being off for at least 20 minutes is critical.

I’ve tried that multiple times, for at least 30 mins, and it’s made no difference. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you done a Network Reset?

I hadn’t, but have now and sadly that doesn’t work either. Thanks for your patience! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is the correct mobile number shown in any of settings on your iPhone @Kezrobb

It’s correct in phone, but was incorrect in iMessage strangely when that’s the only bit that’s currently working! All calls are coming through okay. Is there anywhere else I should check?  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is the correct mobile number showing in:

Settings > Apple ID > Name, Phone Numbers, Email - within “CONTACTABLE AT” section

Things may not work properly if the wrong phone number is linked to iMessage and FaceTime.

It’s fine there but appears to work now having changed the WhatsApp one. Thanks so much for your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kezrobb,

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

I want to add more text coz my text messages as run out 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Margaret hill 

Have you logged into the iD Mobile app to purchase a bundle or called 7777 to top up?

Tom

Just moved to ID and can’t send texts despite being unlimited !

Why iD Mobile?