Question

Can't update from incorrect SIM-only deal to 24-month contact

• 9 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Morning!

I’ve been a customer for several years, with my recent 24-month contract coming to an end. I recently moved to a cheap SIM-only deal to tide me over until the Pixel 8 Pro announcement. 

However, it seems my intended 30-day SIM was erroneously processed as a 12 month contract, leaving me unable to upgrade with iD as intended (and take advantage of the preorder deal)

An operative told me on Saturday it would be rolled back within 24 hours. This hasn’t happened. Now I’ve been told it could be a further 48 hours while the technical team look into it. Based on my recent experiences, I have little confidence this will happen.

I’d really appreciate faster progress with this. I want to stay - and pay iD more money!

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, this forum isn’t real-time chat with iD staff. The iD staff only read forum posts once a day, sometime less frequently.

The iD online live chat service at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat is the quickest way of engaging with iD customer support.

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately, this forum isn’t real-time chat with iD staff. The iD staff only read forum posts once a day, sometime less frequently.

The iD online live chat service at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat is the quickest way of engaging with iD customer support.

Thanks! Yes - have had several long conversations via the live chat service. They do their best, but it’s not ideal.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Indeed, though my heart sinks whenever I hear the technical team are investigating.

In my experience, I often never heard from the technical team, or it was weeks later, which isn’t ideal.

Userlevel 1

Indeed, though my heart sinks whenever I hear the technical team are investigating.

In my experience, I often never heard from the technical team, or it was weeks later, which isn’t ideal.

I’ve raised a complaint also. Will hopefully hear back from Customer Service soon. 

It’s a great network to be on, but this seems the only way of getting a timely response!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes, great when everything is working.
From the iD Mobile Complaints Code of Practice:-

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @NonnaPia23,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you require assistance with this here or if you wish to deal with the Complaints Team directly.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @NonnaPia23,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you require assistance with this here or if you wish to deal with the Complaints Team directly.

Kash

Hello! Thanks for responding. I still haven’t heard anything from the Complaints or Technical Team, and the contract still hasn’t rolled back as promised.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @NonnaPia23 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?