Solved

Cancel Contract

• 27 October 2023
  • 11 replies

Five weeks ago bought the iPhone 15 on your contract,I cancelled existing Direct Debit as I could not get in touch with anyone,chat is garbage and no one answers the phone. Now it looks like I have to pay over £100 even though I have  been trying to contact someone for weeks and now chance of talking to anyone. Previous contract ended in 2022 anyway, will someone please just bloody speak to me as we have been trying for 2 months now and as a last resort I cancelled the DD as  I got a new phone and number. I do not work through ill health and a bill is all I need during these upcoming cold nights

icon

Best answer by shaznay 2 November 2023, 19:28

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @Neil Avison, I know from experience how frustrating dealing with iD Mobile can be, after something has gone wrong.

Unfortunately, cancelling your direct debit does not cancel your iD contract - so, unless you pay manually each month, you could fall into arrears and iD will notify the credit agencies about missed payments etc.

If chat is garbage, perhaps try Facebook Messenger or X (Twitter) DM, to contact iD customer service.

Tried to cancel my plan, but this came up

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 11359367010882139670

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @Neil Avison, just another issue with iD. 

This can happen if you’re signed-in to the iD Community with the “Remember Me” option, and then try to access another iD site.

To workaround, logout of the iD Community before using another iD site, or use a different web browser, or try from a tablet or laptop computer without signing into the iD Community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Neil Avison,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you manage to sign in and request the disconnection?

If you still require assistance, please let us know.

Kash

No I still cannot log in to cancel

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Neil Avison,

Are you getting the same error or is it a case of your login details.

It’s always worth checking that you have registered an account.

If you are still getting the same error we would advise try on a different device or browser.

Please let us know how you get on with this and we can PM you and assist with the disconnection.

Kash

Yes getting error, yes I am registered yes same error with different browsers

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes getting error, yes I am registered yes same error with different browsers

Are you using a VPN connection for Internet access @Neil Avison
I think iD online accounts might be inaccessible via a VPN connection.   

Not using a VPN

Mate open an official complaint in writing to them and ask to take to Ombudsman. They cannot refer you to credit reference unless the dispute is first settled.

I have the exact same issue I joined 3 days ago and since 3 days I have been getting 0 reception, no calls in or out. They now want 170 to cancel and I refused and have asked for a letter of deadlock to take to court. They won’t listen to anything else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Neil Avison,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?