Question

cannot make outgoing calls at all or use mobile data

• 3 August 2023
  • 8 replies

I cannot make outgoing calls at all. I cannot access the internet (using mobile data). 

I moved from EE on 1 Aug with an eSIM. Put actual physical SIM in today to see if that helped. It didn’t and now me eSIM has disappeared. 

I have tried taking sim out, cleaning it and putting it back in. 

I have tried turning phone off and on again (with and without sim). 

I have tried turning aeroplane mode off, waiting then putting it back on. 

I have reset my entire phone. I have then reset network provider. Apparently I have good network coverage. Phone is an iPhone 13 mini, brand new from ID mobile. Moved from iPhone 12 mini.

tried live chat and agent exited chat. 

is there anything else I can try? Do I simply go to Curry’s buy a new phone and cancel my ID mobile contract and return this phone to Curry’s? 

I’d rather just get this network issue sorted but reaching the end of my tether. 

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @LJL, porting to iD Mobile from another service provider’s eSIM doesn’t seem to go well - judging by similar posts here in the past. 

Until all UK service providers support eSIM use, I suspect there’ll be problems when transfering your number from an eSIM account, to a non-eSIM account. 

Have you registered for your “My iD Account” online yet @LJL
If yes, does the number you wanted to keep show in your iD account online?

Which, if any, of the following network services work:

• Calls in & out?
  • Texts in & out?
  • Mobile data? 

Have you contacted iD customer service for assistance, using online live chat, Facebook Messenger, or Twitter (X) DM? 

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

I can’t verify my online account because their verification code isn’t coming through. 

None of those services work. So far I’ve only been about to use WhatsApp from the house WiFi. 

I tried live chat and the agent left as soon as I said I wanted to be able to make outgoing calls. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I suspect you’re going to need a lot of patience and stamina, if you want to fix this issue @LJL

In my experience, it’s a better when you talk to iD customer service using Facebook Messenger, or Twitter (X) DM? 

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays. 

Short of cancelling your ORDER in the cooling off period, the only ‘stick’ you’ve got is claiming compensation for each day the number transfer is delayed - OFCOM rules on mobile number portability make iD 100% for getting your number transferred from EE to iD Mobile.

Thank you @andewhite I appreciate the help. Three hours of live chat later, it looks like I’ll be visiting a Curry’s to try and return the handset and cancel my order within the cooling off period. 

Hopefully that will work as I have everything I need apparently. 

The cherry on top was when I asked to be transferred to the complaints department and was given a phone number which I can’t call! I will definitely be going to ofcom especially as they have threatened an exit fee despite taking my first direct debit without providing a service. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, but be careful and make sure you cancel your order @LJL, and don’t cancel your contract. 

If you cancel your iD contract, an early termination fee will apply.

I hope you manage to get things sorted. 
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @LJL,

Just checking if you require further assistance with this?

If so, please get back to us here and we can send you a PM.

Kash

Hi @Kash I do. This issue is not resolved. I am now 9 days without my original phone number I have had for 20 years. This is actually a safety issue as that number is flagged as high priority for police response. So if I do need to call the police, currently I won’t be prioritised. This puts my two small children and I at risk. 

So unhappy and anxious about this situation.

I urgently need my PAC number, confirmation that my ORDER has been cancelled and compensation for the dangerous situation my children have been placed in. I would absolutely never recommend iD mobile to anyone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @LJL 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?