Solved

Cannot receive one time passcodes

• 18 January 2024
  • 11 replies

Hi,

I joined ID on Sunday coming from EE. I cannot receive one time passwords. I’ve tried everything, followed all the suggestions from the online chat but no success. Off and on again, taking the sim out and back in, checking the numbers correct with the bank and starts with 44 7, checking the number matches that store in my phone, calling the bank again.. it’s endless.
The online chats sound like a bot and aren’t of any help. They said it would be escalated to their technical team but it’s been a week and nothing. I saw someone had waited 4 months before giving up and changing network. I’m currently blocked from all my banks because I can’t access the one time passwords, I really need access! 

I have 13 days to terminate my contract, if I can’t resolve this by Saturday I’m going to need to leave ID before I’m stuck with them for two years. Has anyone found a fix for this? I don’t have the luxury of waiting much longer because I can’t get to the currys store  to cancel the contract due to work. 

icon

Best answer by Jamie Clarke 18 January 2024, 23:42

View original

11 replies

Sorry I am not in a position to solve your issue, however I have experienced an equally bad experience on waiting for contact back from their complaints and technical teams 2 cases logged and neither responded! Left and gone with another supplier sim arrived form the alternative supplier ported number all issues solved. My honest advice would be to cancel and look elsewhere as they haven’t inspired me with any confidence of their ability to help customers from a customer service or technical perspective. I hope you find a solution quickly or bail out before getting tied into a contract that isn’t fit for purpose as it doesn’t fulfill your needs or requirements.

Thank you so much for your honesty Jamie. I’ll bail out tomorrow then. It’s such a shame because surely this is an easy fix that keeps happening to so many customers. If they invested in training their ‘technical teams’ it’d give everyone a much nicer experience. 
I spent an hour watching YouTube videos trying everything. Resetting network settings, turning sms and iMessage off and on again, ensuring no filters were on etc etc nothing. Apple have said it’s due to the putting on iDs side. 
It’s been a week, tapping out now. 
thanks again 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Immya,

Welcome to the Community!

I can see that we have responded on another post and sent you a PM.

Please feel free to get back to us there if you require further assistance.

Kash

Help please. I'm in the same position switching from 3 to iD and only iszue with onetime passcode is from santander . Santander can see they are going out and I've checked spam blockers etc but run out of ideas.  Seems a network issue. Thanks for any help

I am in the same position David. 

When I spoke to apple who provide my iphone, they say it is becaise the carrier (ID Mobile) has not provided an International Plan meaning that the activation for iMessage and Facetime has not worked. 

Do you have an iphone as well? Would explain the problem. 

Hi sorry to hear that it's really frustrating. No I have a Samsung s24 ultra. 

Looking on Internet it dosent seem phone specific and I can see people have ended up either leaving santander or leaving iD! I hope we can get a solution.  I think there is an issue between 3 as main carrier and iD in how it handles OTP but id say it's at iD end. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I am in the same position David. 

When I spoke to apple who provide my iphone, they say it is becaise the carrier (ID Mobile) has not provided an International Plan meaning that the activation for iMessage and Facetime has not worked. 

Do you have an iphone as well? Would explain the problem. 

The person at Apple who told you that doesn’t know what they are talking about. iMessage and FaceTime activation in the UK is done via a UK number, not international. This has been discussed many times here and on other forums.

A Google search returns many complaints about iMessage and FaceTime activation failures, and they all have one thing in common: recent porting of a number. The complaints are from customers of pretty much all the UK networks and not just one or two.

Thanks for your input @WelshPaul - can you advise how to solve the issue?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

When did your number port over @Michael J?

It could be as simple as having to wait a few days to ensure that all the porting files and routing databases all sync up. 

Hi - I submitted my PAC last Monday 4th March. PAC code switch was ‘completed’ by Tuesday 5th - today is Sunday and I am still unable to send / receive texts to my number. 

That said - I have been able to send/receive texts using my apple id so that - according to apple - confirms that this issue is with the number activation. 

This is a major problem for me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Michael J,

Have you tried to update your iMessage/Message number.

Please can you try the below to see if it works for you.

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Kash

Why iD Mobile?