Solved

Cannot register online account - how to cancel ID mobile contract

• 5 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello friends :D

A few weeks back, I set up direct debit for ID mobile rolling monthly account to try out the service as it seemed to be slightly too cheap to be true. I have been unable to register an online account because the page is broken (and always reads right to left, partially in Hindi for some reason) after trying it on the most recent stable desktop releases of firefox, chrome and brave, as well as the most recent android release of chromium. The SIM card did actually arrive after a couple of weeks, but at this point I have zero intention of using it or ID mobile’s services.

I have cancelled my direct debit from the bank end but cannot do anything to cancel my monthly rolling contract with ID because it is not possible to register the online account. ID are now sending mildly threatening emails about harming my credit rating because I cancelled the direct debit. Please could an ID representative advise how to end my contract without access to an online account.

icon

Best answer by Lauren 5 October 2023, 13:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You don’t need an iD online account to cancel your contract @FAH Q.

Get in-touch with customer service using iD online Live Chat, or send them a private message using Facebook Messenger or X (Twitter) DM.

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

The following forum articles might be of interest. 

Thanks for the reply @andewhite 

Unfortunately I do not and will never have access to Facebook, Twitter, Apple Store or Google Play. I will try the live chat, although it seemed useless last time I tried. It looks like the remaining option is to attempt to activate the ID SIM card so I can call 7777. I am not very keen to do this because at this point I do not wish to use ID services in any way.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The SIM card you got when you joined iD was already activated @FAH Q, which is why iD charge from date of dispatch.

Anyway, to avoid the bot when you’re chatting online with iD, just type “talk to a person” after connecting.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @FAH Q , thanks for getting in touch.

Typically when you’re seeing mismatched text on the register page, clearing the cache/cookies from your browser history, or pasting the link into an incognito tab helps. However, we’re aware that you’re now looking at cancelling/processing a return.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Lauren

Can someone help me close my account, please? Everytime i use live chat they are experiencing “technical difficulties”… The sim isn’t working, I cannot create an account, i cannot cancel my contract (pay monthly, rolling), live chat is not helpful, FB chat - they just don’t respond… I just want to close my account so I am not paying for a sim that isn’t working, please close it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ABR4R,

Welcome to the Community!

All team are very busy at the moment and our Facebook Team are dealing with a backlog.

Just checking if you managed to get a response via Facebook? If you still require assistance, please let us know here and we can PM you.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?