Question

Cannot send mms messages

• 5 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Re-posting this topic because you decided to archive my last question and I can’t respond to it.

Unable to send mms picture messages on Saumsung S8 edge.

APN set to iD:

MMSC: https://mms.um.idmobie.co.uk:10021/mmsc
Multimedia message port: 8799
MCC: 234
MNC: 20
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Here’s a link to your original post about MMS issues on iD Mobile @AlSherren.

Your old topic doesn’t appear to be archived. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AlSherren,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope that the article link that @andewhite provided is helpful.

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Userlevel 1

@andewhite thanks for the response.  Possibly not officially archived, but the link to the topic is:

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/community%2Darchive%2D140/cannot%2Dsend%2Dmms%2Don%2Dsamsung%2Ds8%2Dedge%2D50950?postid=125465#post125465

So as the topic is in the folder ‘Community Archive’, combined with the fact that I cannot reply to any of the messages in the thread, it lead me to believe that the post was archived.

@Kash as per your message, I am still having this issue.  You asked what APN settings I had, I have posted them above.  I am sending a picture message via text I believe.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ah, sorry - my mistake @AlSherren

Anyway, the maximum image size for an MMS (picture message) is limited to around 320KB - have you checked the image size of the pictures you’re trying to send @AlSherren?  

MMS was conceived when image sensors in mobile phones, and network bandwidth were somewhat limited by today’s standards, hence the small image size. 

Maybe WhatsApp, iMessage, or Google RCS (“Chat features”) are better options for sending pictures nowadays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AlSherren,

As @andewhite advised there is a file size limit for MMS.

Also it may be worth checking that you have your cap set above £0.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?