Question

cant add my id mobile number to google store

• 12 August 2023
  • 12 replies

Hello i'm trying to understand why cant i add my id number to my playstore to pay for apps etc whene my sim card is contract.anyone can help..even spotify states that three account is not active but i can send texts using data etc and calls.so i realy dont understand it.thanks if anyone has a answer

12 replies

Hello i'm trying to understand why cant i add my id number to my playstore to pay for apps etc whene my sim card is contract.anyone can help..even spotify states that three account is not active but i can send texts using data etc and calls.so i realy dont understand it.thanks if anyone has a answer

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Luisf1986,

Welcome to the Community!

Using your iD Mobile account to pay for purchases, isn’t something that we offer.

You’ll need to pay with a bank/credit card.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Luisf1986,

Welcome to the Community!

We have responded to your other post, please get back to us there if you require further assistance.

Kash

Should work as is a 3 network and google accepts 3 network,second is a contract sim card.

Why would id mobile not do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Luisf1986,

I’ve merged the topics together.

Three UK operate separately to iD Mobile.

We only use their masts for coverage.

As Kash mentioned, you can’t use your mobile bill as a payment option.

Mohammed

So i wil not need to sim card because that was the reason why i did pick up that but thanks,i cant even use for spotify as claims my three account is not active.thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Luisf1986 

I’m confused by your post, please could you clarify?

Tom

i'm gona make this very clear,id mobile sim card(three network should allow me to comfirm this but i get this info/whene i try to add my id mobile to my google account for bill payments as payment.tells me that verifivation sms could not be sent.id mobile is investigating this issue more detail..can anyone explain this issue

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

i'm gonna make this very clear,id mobile sim card(three network should allow me to confirm this but i get this info/when i try to add my id mobile to my google account for bill payments as payment.tells me that verification sms could not be sent.id mobile is investigating this issue more detail..can anyone explain this issue

Have you ever had, or do you currently have a SIM card from Three UK @Luisf1986?

What are the first 5 digits of your mobile number?
Perhaps the number you’ve got came from within the number range allocated to Three UK?

I dont have a sim card from three i did in tbe past pays and go now is a contract sim card i did contact three they told mei would need to speak to id mobile so i'm waiting for a solution or i wil close my contract its a first time with this issue.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I dont have a sim card from three i did in tbe past pays and go now is a contract sim card i did contact three they told mei would need to speak to id mobile so i'm waiting for a solution or i wil close my contract its a first time with this issue.

Okay @Luisf1986, just to let you know that I’m just a forum user like you. 

From your screenshot, I’d say issue is with Google Pay, or the Spotify app installed on your handset, which don’t appear to accept the mobile number linked to your iD SIM card. 

Did you setup the payment method with the SIM card from Three UK - perhaps that’s the cause of this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Luisf1986 

Did Three UK offer a Spotify Premium add on with their plan? If so you might need to speak to Spotify or Three UK to unlink the two, we wouldn’t have anything to do with your Spotify account itself.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?