change over telephone number

• 10 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Good afternoon

I have gone on to my account log on but can only see 1 telephone number associated with my account. I currently have 3 ID accounts- 1 for my daughter and 2 for me however I would like to change my phone number from 1 SIM to the other as I recently upgraded through a phone package deal. 

Daughter telephone SIM only account - [REDACTED]- no changes required 

My old SIM only contract -[REDACTED] ( I would like to keep this number and cancel the account)

My new phone (Google pixel 8) ID contract number - [REDACTED] but to be changed to my old number.

Please are you able to support 

Many thanks

Hollie Kidby [REDACTED]

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This is a public forum - hopefully nobody steals your names and mobile numbers to use fraudulently, @Hollie Kidby.

The network connection (mobile number) can only appear in a single “My iD Account”, @Hollie Kidby. Each “My iD Account” must use a unique username (email address).

Unfortunately, currently you cannot transfer a mobile number from one iD account to another iD account. To use the phone number you want to keep, with your recently purchased phone package deal, you’ll need to perform a triangle port, @Hollie Kidby.

A triangle port involves getting a PAC from iD for the account with the number you want to keep, move the number to another network’s PAYG plan, and finally switch from that PAYG plan back to your recently purchased phone package deal - it’s a faff, which will take several days to complete.

🍀

Thank you  for advice, will see if ID can take message down 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Hollie Kidby 

I’d recommend the same as @andewhite above, the iD Mobile app/website would require each plan to have it’s own account registered.

We wouldn’t be able to do a same network switch unfortunately, a triangle port may be your best option here.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?