Credit score report ruined!

• 2 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I had a one month rolling contract set up, paid and cancelled as advised by carphone warehouse to keep my original phone number with a new phone plan. I didn’t have a clue until I tryed to get a mortgage this month and my credit rating is bad due to '2 months in arrears payments' they have my email, mobile number and address however, I have received no communication over the arrear payments and i have merely followed advice given by carphone warehouse. I have tried calling to speak to someone to pay the amount off so it can be changed to settled on my credit report. Considering this has happened to many people- this is surely a failure on behalf of ID Mobile and there terrible communication. 

4 replies

I just found 9 missed payments on my credit report from 2009  (I’ve never checked my credit report before)

I’ve never missed any payments - I had a few sim only deals back then (for GPS trackers)

cancelling the sims was a pain in the bum at the time… but I never missed any payments, everything was by direct debit, there was always more than enough in my account to cover the direct debit amount

how can I have these removed?

there’s….

2 in February 2009

3 in March 2009

3 in April 2009

1 in May 2009

I had a direct debit set up, paid and cancelled direct debit as advised by carphone warehouse to keep my original phone number with a new phone plan. I didn’t have a clue until I tryed to get a mortgage this month and my credit rating is bad due to '2 months in arrears payments' they have my email, mobile number and address however, I have received no communication over the arrear payments and i have merely followed advice given by carphone warehouse. I have tried calling to speak to someone to pay the amount off so it can be changed to settled on my credit report. Considering this has happened to many people- this is surely a failure on behalf of ID Mobile and there terrible communication. 

I had a one month rolling contract set up, paid and cancelled as advised by carphone warehouse to keep my original phone number with a new phone plan. I didn’t have a clue until I tryed to get a mortgage this month and my credit rating is bad due to '2 months in arrears payments' they have my email, mobile number and address however, I have received no communication over the arrear payments and i have merely followed advice given by carphone warehouse. I have tried calling to speak to someone to pay the amount off so it can be changed to settled on my credit report. Considering this has happened to many people- this is surely a failure on behalf of ID Mobile and there terrible communication. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Ashaukat25 

If you have a complaint surrounding advice provided by Carphone Warehouse staff, you’ll need to raise this to them directly.

They can investigate this and request for any marks to be removed if confirmed as a shortfall from their end.

iD Mobile would have recorded the credit file based on the payment history and as the shortfall was not by one of our staff, we wouldn’t be able to investigate this.

If you want further informataion on the payment history, we can provide this to you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello there,

I’ve merged your posts into one topic as they all surround the same issue.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?