Question

customer service issues

• 6 November 2023
  • 9 replies

I've been with Id since 2021 and was pleased with the service and had recommended them to others.

How wrong can you be!

I upgraded my plan 13th October 23 to a monthly sim only plan with unlimited data. According to T &Cs if you were with id prior to July 23 data capping or limits did not apply in Europe. I took it out on this basis. 

My roaming data was switched off without warning or info on the app 27th October. 

On top of this I've been charged £25 on top of plan charges for excess data!!! It seems the unlimited data is non existent. My bill is £48 for what?

I've contacted live chat and complaints chat many times over the last 10 days. Only contact back asking me to ring an 0800 number which you can't from Europe. I'm promised a call back within 24/48 hours. Nothing has happened at all.

Shocking customer service and charged for it too. Ref 377015594

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Appears to be a grey area @Vicky Burchell - do the terms agreed for the upgrade state a new contract begins when you upgrade? 

If not, perhaps iD aren’t providing correct information for a UK plan with an unlimited data allowance @Vicky Burchell. On the one hand iD say the EU roaming regulations don’t apply, but they’ve decided to continue to follow the regulations anyway.

On the other hand, the EU regulations say the following about roaming data allowance (RDA), for plans with unlimited data:

If your contract started before 20th June 2023, it appears iD no longer tell you the roaming data allowance for any of their unlimited data plans - at least not anywhere obvious.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d suspect if you upgraded after 20th June 2023 @Vicky Burchell, then your upgraded started a new contract with a new minimum term. 

It appears all iD pay monthly contract terms & conditions cover this in the DEFINITIONS section: 

I’d guess your contract upgrade has an EU + EEA roaming data allowance of 30GB/month. 

Finally I got some answers from live chat and as you say @andewhite they are quoting a new contract upgrade so old terms don't apply.

However as you quote above its a grey area as I read the terms above you quoted and upgraded on that basis. Penny and bun springs to mind.

It does not give an explanation regarding poor communication and no notice of getting near the data limit. Neither does it explain the lack of info on the app. It shows I've used 2gb of data!!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes indeed, another one of the iD Mobile grey areas @Vicky Burchell - perhaps the complaints team will eventually get back to you, if you’ve logged an official complaint with iD. 

I've just found the information I read before upgrading its most misleading.

In fact I joined id in October 21 but they seemed to have applied the upgrade as the ruling for data allowance in Europe. I can't see they have a leg to stand on legally they can't have both bites of the cherry. It clearly says 'Or' not 'and' upgraded.

The ombudsman would not view this well thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Vicky Burchell, I’m just a forum member like yourself, but my reading of the information in your screenshots is your upgrade, on 13-Oct-2023 to an unlimited data plan, means your roaming data allowance is 30GB/month. 

The screenshots are full of iD Mobile inconsistencies though, but the terms & conditions less so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Vicky Burchell,

Welcome to the Community!

As @andewhite you’ll only be able to 30GB whilst roaming in an EU inclusive country.

Kash

Userlevel 1

😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @moblie 

Welcome to the iD Mobile community!

If you need any support, let us know.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?