Solved

Daily allowance when roaming

What is the daily allowance when roaming?

icon

Best answer by Slapdash 29 April 2024, 09:46

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Your roaming data allowance will depend on where you’re roaming. @jcallingham.

If you’re roaming in one of the EU inclusive roaming destinations, then it’s a monthly allowance up to 30GB/month, depending on your UK plan data allowance.

Elsewhere, you pay per MB for roaming mobile data.

I am roaming in the Lanzarote, which I understand to be in the EU. So why did I get a message saying that my daily allowance was exceeded and I could no longer use any data until the following day? I had not exceeded my monthly allowance.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Can you confirm which network you are connected to?

Currently Orange, but not sure if it was when the issue occurred.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jcallingham,

Welcome to the Community!

Please can you try and manually connect to Yoigo or Movistar and let us know how you get on?

Kash

Thanks for your suggestion to use other mobile operators when roaming. However, my issue is that there appears to be a daily download allowance with some mobile operators when roaming, although all of the ID mobile documentation makes no reference to this. Could you please confirm that, when roaming, some mobile operators may impose a daily allowance separate from the ID mobile monthly allowance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jcallingham,

Unfortunately we are unable to advise on the allowances that other operators offer.

iD Mobile doesn’t offer a daily allowance, however you data allowance whilst roaming is dependent on when you purchased the plan.

You can check via the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy

Kash

Thanks @Kash ,

I have a contract with ID mobile which specifies that the only limit on roaming is the monthly allowance. Hence my surprise when roaming I received a message indicating that I had exceed my daily allowance and could not use any more data for that day. Could you please confirm than some service providers abroad apply a daily limit in contradiction to the stated ID mobile monthly limit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jcallingham,

Can you possibly send us a screenshot of the message that you received?

Was it a message sent by iD Mobile?

From what I am aware of our network partners don’t have daily limits on data roaming.

Kash

Hi @Kash 

Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot of the message. I was unsure of the policy on roaming and couldn't access the internet to check until the following day.

I think that the message was sent from the foreign provider but not sure. I definitely couldn't access mobile data for the rest of the day.

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@jcallingham,

Please get back to us with a screenshot if possible if you get this error again.

Once we know who the message came from we can investigate further.

Kash

Userlevel 1

@jcallingham - Hi, sorry to butt in, I received a similar message a few days ago in Spain. I also thought that ID Mobile only had a 30GB monthly fair useage roaming limit, and not a daily limit. I also can’t remember where the message came from. I found your post because I was searching for an explanation. 

I went on to check my android phone’s settings at:

SIM cards & mobile networks / Advanced Settings / Data Roaming / Data Daily Limit  :

I had forgotten that last year I had set Daily Data limit while roaming with a SIZE of 1GB and WHEN EXCEEDED warn and turn off data, basically to fit in with the ID Mobile 30GB monthly useage policy.

So I am pretty sure that is why I got my meessage. I don’t know if it’s the same for you, but I would check out and exclude this possibility.

regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Slapdash 

Thanks for the info, @jcallingham it’s worth checking the above here, it may just be a device setting and nothing to do with your iD Mobile plan itself.

Tom

Hi @Slapdash 

Many thanks for your help. That was exactly the problem.

Regards

John

Why iD Mobile?