Question

Daily allowance when roaming

What is the daily allowance when roaming?

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Your roaming data allowance will depend on where you’re roaming. @jcallingham.

If you’re roaming in one of the EU inclusive roaming destinations, then it’s a monthly allowance up to 30GB/month, depending on your UK plan data allowance.

Elsewhere, you pay per MB for roaming mobile data.

I am roaming in the Lanzarote, which I understand to be in the EU. So why did I get a message saying that my daily allowance was exceeded and I could no longer use any data until the following day? I had not exceeded my monthly allowance.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Can you confirm which network you are connected to?

Currently Orange, but not sure if it was when the issue occurred.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jcallingham,

Welcome to the Community!

Please can you try and manually connect to Yoigo or Movistar and let us know how you get on?

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jcallingham,

Unfortunately we are unable to advise on the allowances that other operators offer.

iD Mobile doesn’t offer a daily allowance, however you data allowance whilst roaming is dependent on when you purchased the plan.

You can check via the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy

Kash

Thanks @Kash ,

I have a contract with ID mobile which specifies that the only limit on roaming is the monthly allowance. Hence my surprise when roaming I received a message indicating that I had exceed my daily allowance and could not use any more data for that day. Could you please confirm than some service providers abroad apply a daily limit in contradiction to the stated ID mobile monthly limit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jcallingham,

Can you possibly send us a screenshot of the message that you received?

Was it a message sent by iD Mobile?

From what I am aware of our network partners don’t have daily limits on data roaming.

Kash

Hi @Kash 

Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot of the message. I was unsure of the policy on roaming and couldn't access the internet to check until the following day.

I think that the message was sent from the foreign provider but not sure. I definitely couldn't access mobile data for the rest of the day.

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@jcallingham,

Please get back to us with a screenshot if possible if you get this error again.

Once we know who the message came from we can investigate further.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?