Sticky F.A.Q.

Paying your mobile phone bill

• 22 July 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Can I pay my bill by Direct Debit?

Yes, you can pay your iD Mobile bills by Direct Debit. It’s the easiest way to pay your monthly bills on time and helps you avoid problems with late payments.

If you purchased a pay monthly plan online on in-store, a Direct Debit will automatically be set up for you using the account details you provided when you purchased the plan, so you don't have to do anything. If you've cancelled your Direct Debit instruction with us, you can set it up again using the iD Mobile app or My Account online. 

How do I set up a Direct Debit?

It’s simple enough to set up a Direct Debit to pay your monthly iD Mobile bill. Just follow the steps below:

1. Log in to the iD Mobile App or My Account online
  2. Go to My Billing and then select Setup or Manage my Direct Debit
  3. Follow the steps on screen

Your monthly Direct Debit payment will be taken from your account on or around 14 days after your bill is issued.

Please note that the Direct Debit instruction can take up to 10 working days to fully activate on your account. So, if you have a payment due within 10 days, we recommend making a manual payment first. This will make sure there’s no disruption to your service.

How can I view my Direct Debit?

You can view your Direct Debit information by following these steps:

1. Log into the iD Mobile App or My Account online
  2. Go to My Billing and then Manage my Direct Debit

Here you should be able to see all your important information such as how much you are paying per month, the date of your next bill and any extra charges you might have accrued.

How do I change my Direct Debit details?

To change the bank details for your Direct Debit, simply follow these instructions:

1. Log into the iD Mobile App or My Account online
  2. Go to My Billing and then Manage my Direct Debit then tap Manage my details
  3. Follow the instructions on screen

The cut-off date for making changes to your Direct Debit is five days before the bill is due. If you make changes after the cut-off, we recommend making a manual payment to avoid a missed payment.

Can I change my Direct Debit Date?

You can change your Direct Debit payment date with iD Mobile and your billing period will align with it when you amend it. This will impact the date your bill is issued and the date your allowances refresh.

Please note, if you’ve already been billed for the month and have a Direct Debit payment pending, it’ll still be taken on the original due date. Your new Direct Debit date will come into effect in the following billing period.

What happens when I change my Direct Debit payment date?

When you change your Direct Debit payment date, your billing period aligns with it. This changes a few things: the date your bill is issued, and the date your allowances refresh. Please note, if you’ve already been billed for the month and have a Direct Debit payment pending, it’ll still be taken on the original due date. Your new Direct Debit date will come into effect in the following billing period.

The month when the change is applied

You’ll have a longer billing month than usual. This is so we can move your billing period to align to your new payment date. You could be charged for almost two months on one bill, depending on the date you choose. But don’t worry - we’ll give you all the monthly allowances you’re entitled to.

For example, if your longer billing period is 45 days and your normal monthly (30 days) allowance is 300 minutes, we’ll give you 450 minutes (1.5 times your normal monthly allowance). You’ll also get 45 days’ worth of recurring add-ons. One-off add-ons will last 30 days, just like they usually do.

The month after the change is applied

You’ll get your usual allowances and pay standard monthly line rental.

To change your Direct Debit payment date, simply:

1. Log in to the iD Mobile App or My Account online
  2. Go to My Billing and select Manage my Direct Debit. Then tap Manage my details, followed by Change my Direct Debit payment date
  3. Choose a new day of the month from the drop-down menu (some dates may by unavailable)*
  4. Click Confirm

*Due to the Direct Debit process, your payment might come out of your bank account up to 3 days after your designated date (or longer if it falls on a weekend or bank holiday).

What happens if my Direct Debit fails?

If your Direct Debit is rejected by your bank, we’ll attempt to take the payment five days later. If the second payment attempt is rejected, the Direct Debit will be cancelled, and we’ll require a manual payment by credit or debit card.

How do I cancel my Direct Debit?

If you are continuing to keep your account open, we don’t recommend cancelling your Direct Debit as it’s the most convenient way to pay. However, if you do need to cancel your Direct Debit, it must be done via your bank.

Please note, if you cancel your Direct Debit and continue to keep your account open, you’ll need to pay your bill manually every month.

Can I pay my bill by credit or debit card?

The easiest way to pay your monthly bills is to set up a Direct Debit. However, if you’d prefer to make manual card payments, you can do this with a UK credit or debit card in the iD Mobile app, online or using our automated telephone service.

What to do if using the iD Mobile App or My Account online:

1. Log in to the iD Mobile App or My Account online
  2. Go to My Billing and click Make a payment
  3. Follow the steps on screen and click Submit
  4. A pop up will let you know if the payment has been successful or if it has failed

How to pay your bill via a phone call:

1. Call 7777 from your iD Mobile phone
  2. Select option 2 - Payment or billing queries
  3. Select option 2 - Make a payment
  4. The automated service will let you know if the payment has been successful or if it has failed

Please note, if you’ve got a Direct Debit set up on your account but you want to make a one-off manual payment, you need to do it at least 3 days before your Direct Debit payment is due. If you don’t, the Direct Debit payment might also be taken, and you’ll end up paying twice!

Which cards do you accept?

We accept Mastercard, Electron, Visa and Maestro from relevant payment providers, such as Revolut, Monzo, and all major UK banks.

Unfortunately, we don’t accept American Express as a payment method.

How long does it take for a payment to show up on my account?

The amount of time it takes for a payment to be applied to your account depends on how the payment was taken.

• Direct Debit payments
    This is applied to your iD Mobile account on the same day the payment comes out of your bank account
  • Credit/Debit card payments made via the iD Mobile app, My Account online or automated telephone service
    This will be taken immediately. However, please note that sometimes there may be a minor update delay between the payment service and our accounting system
  • Payments made to a debt collection agency
    Up to two working days

Where can I see my payment history?

You can keep an eye on all your past payments by viewing your payment history. This will show how much you’ve paid, the dates of payments and confirm if your latest payment has gone through. It can be accessed through the iD Mobile app or My Account online. Simply follow the instructions mentioned below:  

1. Select My Billing from the dashboard  

1. Find Payment history section within Billing  

1. Select See my payment history  

1. Click My payment history 

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?