Question

Damaged phone

• 3 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi my phone has overheated 3 times now and I've gone back to curry's to have it fixed and everything they do it ends up overheating as soon as I open it up to reset it, I don't know what else to do other than ask for supportĀ 

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If your phone is less than 12-months old, it should also be covered by the manufacturerā€™s warranty.Ā 
Have you contacted the manufacturer directly about the issueĀ @Luke Bestwick?Ā 

If your phone is less than 12-months old, it should also be covered by the manufacturerā€™s warranty.Ā 
Have you contacted the manufacturer directly about the issueĀ @Luke Bestwick?Ā 

No because I wasn't told this all I was told was to go to curry's I think it's older than 12 months it's with Samsung but this happens alot with the overheating I've had to downgrade to an old phone which doesn't always work so I really need a new one which actually works

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Luke Bestwick, if your handset is no longer covered by the manufacturerā€™s warranty, and Currys havenā€™t be able to repair the device, maybe check if Samsung have any authorised repair centres - otherwise, seems it may need to beĀ replaced.

Ā 

Ā 

UnfortunatelyĀ @Luke Bestwick, if your handset is no longer covered by the manufacturerā€™s warranty, and Currys havenā€™t be able to repair the device, maybe check if Samsung have any authorised repair centres - otherwise, seems it may need to beĀ replaced.

Ā 

Ā 

Do you know if ID will cover it or will I have to pay for itĀ 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did you buy the device directly from iD Mobile @Luke Bestwick?Ā 

If yes, did you buy the device SIM free, or on a 24-month minimum term handset contract?Ā Ā Ā 

Did you buy the device directly from iD MobileĀ @Luke Bestwick?Ā 

If yes, did you buy the device SIM free, or on a 24-month minimum term handset contract?Ā Ā Ā 

I got the headset with the contract and sim

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Guess if youā€™re still within the 24-month minimum term of your contract, then iD could assist with repairs notĀ a replacement.

Unfortunately, if iD nor Samsung canĀ fix your device, youā€™ll probably need to buy yourself a new handset - unless you can find someone else to repair it.

Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Luke BestwickĀ 

Ā 

With Samsung youā€™ll have a 24 months warranty on your device, as long as there isnā€™t any water or physical damage to the device itself.

Ā 

In this case weā€™d recommend contacting Samsung directly or taking the device to a Currys store to have it sent off under warranty.

Ā 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?