Question

Damaged phone

• 3 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi my phone has overheated 3 times now and I've gone back to curry's to have it fixed and everything they do it ends up overheating as soon as I open it up to reset it, I don't know what else to do other than ask for support 

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If your phone is less than 12-months old, it should also be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. 
Have you contacted the manufacturer directly about the issue @Luke Bestwick

If your phone is less than 12-months old, it should also be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. 
Have you contacted the manufacturer directly about the issue @Luke Bestwick

No because I wasn't told this all I was told was to go to curry's I think it's older than 12 months it's with Samsung but this happens alot with the overheating I've had to downgrade to an old phone which doesn't always work so I really need a new one which actually works

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Luke Bestwick, if your handset is no longer covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, and Currys haven’t be able to repair the device, maybe check if Samsung have any authorised repair centres - otherwise, seems it may need to be replaced.

Unfortunately @Luke Bestwick, if your handset is no longer covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, and Currys haven’t be able to repair the device, maybe check if Samsung have any authorised repair centres - otherwise, seems it may need to be replaced.

Do you know if ID will cover it or will I have to pay for it 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did you buy the device directly from iD Mobile @Luke Bestwick

If yes, did you buy the device SIM free, or on a 24-month minimum term handset contract?   

Did you buy the device directly from iD Mobile @Luke Bestwick

If yes, did you buy the device SIM free, or on a 24-month minimum term handset contract?   

I got the headset with the contract and sim

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Guess if you’re still within the 24-month minimum term of your contract, then iD could assist with repairs not a replacement.

Unfortunately, if iD nor Samsung can fix your device, you’ll probably need to buy yourself a new handset - unless you can find someone else to repair it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Luke Bestwick 

With Samsung you’ll have a 24 months warranty on your device, as long as there isn’t any water or physical damage to the device itself.

In this case we’d recommend contacting Samsung directly or taking the device to a Currys store to have it sent off under warranty.

Tom