Question

data/service not working AGAIN

• 2 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Honestly, since I’ve taken out this contract I haven’t been able to use my service or data properly without interruptions. When I call someone or if they call me and I am at home, it just goes blank, I cannot hear the caller nor can they hear me. Same with my 4/5G. Nothing works. It is absolutely awful for £62 per month 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Georgina Thomas 

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had issues with your services, do your services work while in other areas?

Have you checked the iD Mobile coverage and outage checker?

It’s worth noting that at the beginning of any iD Mobile contract you will have a cooling off period so you can return if you find that the coverage isn’t right for you.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Yes, I checked the coverage before I took out the contract and it said that my area was great service. Additionally, I did complain about my service within the 14 days of taking out my contract, I even went to the store and they gave me a new SIM card to try. It worked for a few days and then it went back to being awful again and then the 14 days had expired. 

this literally happens soo often, it’s frightening because I’m out a lot for work and I use my natnav and my social media for my safety. 

sometimes the data and service works, but majority of the month, my phone service and data is non existent and I have screen shot/recorded every time it’s done this. 

What can you do in regards to this? As I am paying £62 per month for this phone contract, when majority of the time I can’t even use it. It’s ridiculous that I’m tied in this contract for 2 years. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Georgina Thomas,

If you reported the coverage issues in the returns period then I’d recommend returning to where you purchased this to avise you are unhappy with the coverage and seeing if they can offer a return.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?