Solved

Date and network problems since joining

• 2 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,                  *Data - sorry wont let me edit the title..

I joined 1 month ago on a pixel 6 deal and since then at home and at work I’ve had coverage related issues that mean I often can’t do basic things - I can’t receive phone calls at work due to bad signal (indoors and outside) and even though my phone displays 5G I often can’t refresh a webpage or use any data. 

My home is E2 8FQ (which shows 5G on the map) and my work is SE23 1DY - both are locations in London where I would assume there would be a decent amount signal. 
I’m scared I’ve just committed to a 24month contract where due to poor coverage I can even make a phone call…

I get that wifi calling can be helpful but the phone needs to be able to take phone calls and send whatapp messages when so often it can’t. Is this that iD just generally has really bad signal? or is there something else going on?
This has been happening the last 3 weeks or so - the first week I put it down to me getting used to a new phone and a new network hoping it would improve…

*strangely - I can hear the other person fine…. but they cant hear me… is that helpful?

Thanks for your help

icon

Best answer by Simusio0 2 December 2021, 18:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Simusio0,

Welcome to the iD community.

The coverage checker is a computer generated prediction of network coverage at any given location - it’s not necessarily the same as the real world network service in that location.

To check for network issues and problems, use the three network status checker page:

http://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

In London, network congestion is likely to have the biggest impact on your experience using the mobile network at any given location.

Try your iD SIM in another phone to see if your Pixel handset is the problem.

Maybe also try a network reset (might improve things).

1. From the Home screen, swipe up to view your apps.
  2. Tap Settings > System > Reset Options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth > Reset settings.
  3. If prompted, enter your PIN or Password. Then tap the Next arrow.
  4. Tap Reset settings again to confirm.

Doing the above steps will delete any stored Wi-Fi network information.

Anyway, good luck

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
The 3 site you gave reported no issues with the areas I am in. 

I have fixed one of the problems, well not really but it turns out on my phone if I have google assistant on then I can’t use my mic on phone calls. so I’ve had to turn it off for now but its quite annoying as I cant use it. Is this a known issue?

I followed your steps but no help - I can’t even refresh a webpage now. I will try a different sim assuming my iD phone is not locked.

Thanks for your help so far 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Simusio0, I don’t think iD contract phones are locked.

How do web pages perform when you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network with the handset in Airplane Mode?

FYI, from December 2020 UK mobile operators can’t sell locked phones to their customers - as per the new OFCOM rules

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Simusio0,

Have you been into a Currys to have our colleagues there assess the handset? It’s odd that you can hear them clearly you see, makes me wonder if it’s a handset fault. Have you tried a SIM card from a different network in the handset to see how that behaves?

Will

Why iD Mobile?