Question

Deactivated SIM and broken phone

My phone (which I did originally purchase through an ID contract) has failed to turn on since Sunday (now five days). Originally, I managed to use my SIM in an old phone with limited functionality but the SIM was deactivated on Monday. 

I have been extremely stressed and inconvenienced trying to navigate London and feel safe without a working phone or way to contact others. 

I have made multiple attempts to resolve the issue on live chat, being told that that is the only contact method. 

I do not understand why my SIM was deactivated but was expecting a new one to arrive today but it has not and I have not had any contact from DPD despite ID saying they offer next day delivery. 

After being told I cannot terminate my SIM only contract, I've been unable to look at phone options with ID as the chat bot is busy and directs me to my account which I cannot access as I do not know my password and to rest it asks for a code that has been sent to my deactivated SIM. What am I supposed to do?

If this is not resolved tomorrow, my travel plans for the week will be near impossible with no data or contact method. 

I would advise all customers to avoid ID.

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @HELLOTHEREREBECCA 

I’m sorry to hear about your experience here, have you got in contact via the methods above outlined by @andewhite?

If not please let us know here so we can reach out and get in contact, however we wouldn’t be as quick as the social media team will be.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You could try engaging with iD Mobile’s social media customer support team.
In my experience it’s way better than using live chat, and they don’t use a chat-bot.

Send them a private message on facebook (using Messenger), or send them a DM (direct message) on Twitter.

The agents work 9am - 8pm on weekdays (and 9am - 6pm at weekends).

Why iD Mobile?