Question

Delinking old SIM, getting new SIM without charging twice

• 21 May 2021
  • 1 reply

I’ve been trying to contact ID Mobile for days: the chatbot is utterly useless and keeps generating an automated response that it will be with us in a minute, which it never is. I emailed the complaints address and had two separate messages to the same email: one saying they’d get back to me soon, and the other saying that the email address is no longer in use!

Now onto the problem. My daughter forgot her phone password at the beginning of March (I am in charge of her account). Various problems meant that we couldn't do a factory reset and we sent the phone off for repair. We finally have it back again. However, the SIM was accidentally sent with the phone and has been discarded by the repair company, so we need a new SIM card for her phone and the old one needs delinking from the account. What do we need to do to get a replacement SIM so she can use the phone again? There’s no way of contacting ID Mobile other than live chat which doesn’t work. I am that close to cancelling the account and going elsewhere.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @CharX 

I would recommend you contacting iD Mobile customer support through Social Media channels like Facebook or Twitter. They will order replacement SIM for you and deactivate old one. This was the quickest way for me. 

Kind Regards

Gregor

Why iD Mobile?