Question

Does ID mobile block VPN traffic?

• 15 August 2023
  • 4 replies

As above really. I’m no IT expert. Just trying to use our Draytek ‘Smart VPN Client’ and i’m unable to access whilst using my phone as a hotspot. Browsing the internet is no problem.

If i try to use access the VPN using traditional broadband, it works just fine.

Any help appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The Draytek online forums might have some solutions / tips for issues with their smart VPN application in this situation @Jimmykane24.
🤞 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jimmykane24 

I’d recommend checking with Draytek directly to see if there’s any issues with using their VPN while on a mobile data network.

Tom

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue with VPN Tunneling. When i connect using my work VPN client, after 5 minutes or so it disconnected. I contacted support and was told it’s the SIM. I then recieved a new one and tested with that and guess what same thing! Personally i feel ID don’t know how to troubleshoot problems with VPN, as I can’t find any information on it. I’ve change devices, used a 4G router, change APN and nothing works. Yet if I tether via my EE mobile all is good. So I’m planning on leaving ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @gregremer 

I’m sorry to hear you’re planning to leave us, there wouldn’t be anything we can change on our side per account to change the way VPN tunneling would work with our SIM card, EE may be able to, however they’re a completely different network and would work completely differently.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?