Question

Error 0 when trying to send a message

• 26 February 2023
  • 14 replies

I keep getting error 0 when trying to send messages. Also not letting me call. Standard UK number. I have turned phone off, taken sim card out and back in but the problem still persists. I am on unlimited and all bills are up to date so I don't not understand it. ThanksĀ 

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Samantha Speakman,

I take it this is a recent issue and youā€™ve been with us for some time?

Are you using an Android device?

Does the issue appear on all messages or just some?

Do you have the issues away from home also?

Mohammed

Ā 

I've only had the sim since December and it's only seems to be on new numbers which I have just added. The numbers that I added when I first got theĀ sim are unaffected. Yes its an android device. This happens at home and away from home.Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Samantha Speakman,

Can you please try going to ā€œMessagesā€ then ā€œSettingsā€ and find ā€œAdvanced Settingsā€

You should see the option ā€œChat Featuresā€Ā 

Turn this option off and restart, then test for us and let us know how you get on.

Mohammed

Ā 

Hi, I have just tried this and it still does not work. I cant call these contacts either?Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Samantha SpeakmanĀ 

Ā 

Are you able to try and delete the contacts youā€™re having issues with and retrying?

Ā 

Please could you also make sure the messaging center is the correct number? It should be ā€œ+447782000800ā€.

Ā 

Messaging > 3 dots right hand corner > Settings > More settings > Text Messages > Message centre

Ā 

Tom

Userlevel 2

Hi I have the same problem. I created a new contact last week and sent a text message which could not beĀ sent and an error message as above came up. I tried deleting and re recreating the contact adding the 44 prefix in the number but still unable to send. I can send messages to previously created contacts. I can't see how to access the messaging centre number nor "Messaging" with the 3 dots rh corner. Would appreciate your help.Ā 

I'm also having the same issue. What is the solution?

I couldn't send text or WhatsApp to this new phone number

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Eyssel MelendezĀ @AHutton54,

Welcome to the Community!

It may be worth trying the SIM in a different handset.

If the issue isnā€™t resolved we can try a replacement SIM.

You can collect a replacement SIM from your local Curryā€™s store or we can get one sent out.

Ā 

Kash

Userlevel 2

Thank you very much Kash. I'll do as you suggest. Many thanks for getting back to me..

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AHutton54,

Please let us know how you get on.

If you require further assistance, we can help you out.

Ā 

Kash

Userlevel 2

Hi Kash Couldn't see Most Helpful button so have selected "Like". Many thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @AHutton54Ā 

Ā 

Glad to hear the above helped, please let us know if you need anything else.

Ā 

Tom

Userlevel 2

Thanks so much Tom - will do.

Why iD Mobile?