Question

EU roaming?

• 20 December 2023
  • 6 replies

I am new to ID mobile and I will be going to Spain in the Spain. Does anyone here have problem getting data while roaming in EU please? ThanksĀ 

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

When I was roaming in the EU, my data worked okay @Madmidwife.Ā 

Thanks for the reply. I a. Using iPhone 11, but there is no APN to set? I am just worried that roaming data will not work?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks for the reply. I a. Using iPhone 11, but there is no APN to set? I am just worried that roaming data will not work?

Yeah, unfortunately the network profiles iD Mobile provide for iPhone handsets donā€™t permit access to the APN settings, so you canā€™t editĀ the values.Ā 

Thereā€™s some details about a workaround for this in the following forum topic.

Many of the other UK service providers allow customers to edit iPhone APN settings, e.g. EE, SMARTY, Three UK, etcetera.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hello,Ā 

Has anyone using ID mobile sim been successful using data roaming in Spain please?Ā 
I have seen a lot of discussion on here that some people having difficulties with roaming when aboard?

Ā 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Iā€™ve used an iD SIM card for data roaming in Northern Spain, while visiting the Pyrenees.Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @MadmidwifeĀ 

Ā 

We wouldnā€™t expect any issues while roaming in Spain, we understand you cannot manually set an APN, however if you reset your network settings, this will automatically also reset the APN so if you do have any issues, weā€™d recommend this first.

Ā 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?