Solved

Faulty handset return

• 16 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Received a faulty phone , advised by agent to send it back and transfer old number to new provider so won’t loose my old number , sent it back approved by agent , return transaction provide by agent , agent confirmed they received the phone , and now id mobile sent bill of £962??? What ??? What for ? Bought phone online on 6/12 sent it back by 13/12 within cooling off period ? Missell by agent wrong info provide by agent to tag old number to new provider but not got the bill £962 . Is that really a fair ? Raised a complaint with agent and been advise that I should return phone to store ? Agent advised not really understanding what’s happening so passing to complaint team ? No reply from complaints . Received another email from id mobile stating your direct debit ready for £962 . What’s going on ? No one knows what they doing ? Is that really a customer services ? Send faulty phone to customer then ask to return and then send a big bill £962 to pay … wow … I’m not getting anywhere at all , can someone help here please 🙏🏻

icon

Best answer by Tom 21 December 2023, 17:27

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Shaz Malik,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you ported your number out before the return was processed.

Usually we would need to wait for the return to be processed and once the order cancelled we would issue a PAC code so no termination fee is triggered.

However as you ported out the contract was cancelled before the return was processed and a termination fee was trigger.

Not to worry as once the return is processed the relevant team should be able to sort out the termination fee.

Just to advise we can’t confirm the issue until we look into your account but from what you have advised it sounds like the above has happened.

However in regards to your complaint the Complaints Team are very busy and should be in touch shortly.

If you don’t hear from them within 3 working days of your complaint being raised, please get back to us.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Complaint team failed to contact me as I spoken to them on Monday 18/12 and been advised by agent that I will get call back within 24 hrs - I’d mobile left me in so much stress and never stalled me back also attempt to take payment from my bank account which cause me plenary from bank due to inefficient funds in the account . Very poor service please read below chat : 

Charlene: 
Thank you so much for that, please allow me 2-3 minutes to look through your account.

You: Can you pls call if possible my sweet ?

Charlene: I can assure you that the complaints team will contact you as we based at customer service do not have a telephone line at this moment. I am truly sorry about this. I have accessed the order and do see the return was processed which can take up to 3-5 working days for the refund to processed for the upfront cost.

You: but from 13/12 . I have not received any reply from you kindly pls help 

You: they sent me bill of £962 which they said agent fault because agent advised me wrong to post phone it should be return on store and they admitted 

You: it’s agent fault 

You: They said they will void because I been advised wrongly by agent 

Charlene: I do understand your frustration as I would also be frustrated if I were in your shoes, Malik. Once again, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. I can confirm the complaints team is busy looking into this account and will be in contact with you to explain how they will resolve the issue for you.

You: When ?

Charlene: I can confirm you allow for a call back within 24 hours, Malik.

Charlene: Kindly confirm Is there anything else that you would like me to assist you with today, Malik?

You: ok

Charlene: It's been an absolute pleasure assisting you today, Malik. Kindly confirm is there anything else I could assist you with or something we may have excluded?

You: Bill due to coke out tomor 

You: can you stop direct debit pls 

You: £962

You: You received the handset 

Charlene: I am truly sorry as I am unable to stop the direct debit but I have updated your complaint for an urgent call back.

Charlene: I haven't heard from you for a while. Do you wish to continue our chat?

Userlevel 1

Siphumle: Oh my goodness! I can't believe that has happened! I would be more than happy to help you. Let's pass the security section, this will allow me to retrieve the status and information with regards to the account. May I ask if you are the named account holder?

You: Yes

Siphumle: Thank you for confirming, can you please confirm the mobile number that is linked to the account in question?

You: 07810697209

Siphumle: Thank you for providing your mobile number. Could you kindly confirm with a yes or no, if you know your customer service pin?
Please refrain from submitting the PIN on this chat without the supported form.

You: yes

Siphumle: Thank you for confirming. Before we start, kindly fill out a quick form for security purposes. I'm about to send you the form on this chat, it will show as a link. You can click on the link to open the form. Once you have entered the information, click submit.

Siphumle: Show Account Holder Pin Form

Siphumle: Perfect! That matches our records. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Siphumle: Thank you so much for that, please allow me 2-3 minutes to look through your account.

You: Ok please help me 

Siphumle: Thanks for being so patient. I'll be with you shortly.

You: Please help

Siphumle: Upon looking into your complaint I do see that it is with regards to the early termination fees. It says here you took it upon yourself to disconnect your account without consulting anyone.

You: I spoke to agent and agent advised me to contact other provider not to loose number because it was faulty set 

You: Then next day she provided me return transaction code and said all bill will be void because it’s within 14 days cooling off period 

You: please help me 

Siphumle: Okay, please hold I'll do my best to assist.

You: thabks God bless you 

You: I have cancelled the direct debit for future payments as I have returned faulty set back to you and you confirmed that you received it , so please don’t take payments from my account 

Siphumle: Apologies in the delay in a call back from the complaints team, I can confirm that the complaints team is experiencing a backlog of complaints and they aim to contact you within 7 working days.

You: What 

You: 7 days 

You: I been told first 3 days then 5 days then 24 hrs and now you saying 7 working days ? I need a new phone it’s Xmas and you doing this to me it’s not acceptable please can I speak to a manager 

You: right now I had enough I have cancer symptoms and you doing this to me not good 

Siphumle: I hear you, however, they are experiencing a backlog of complaints and I wish I could solve your query now, however, I'm afraid you'll have to wait. I'm really, really sorry for the hassle this is causing you.

Siphumle: I have now left a note supporting our conversation today. Is there anything else I can assist you with and I am really sorry that I could not get the query resolved on this chat.

You: No it’s not acceptable you are all passing me through to each other everyday God will not help you because your treating a patient like this and you will face hardships like me 

You: I want to speak to the manager right now 

Siphumle: Please hold on the line.

Siphumle: I really appreciate your patience, I'm still in discussion with the back-office team regarding the query, please spare me a moment.

You: Please help

You: Waiting 

Siphumle: Thanks for being so patient. I'll be with you shortly.

Siphumle: I'm still here, I really appreciate your patience. 

You: Please help God bless you I’m very ill

Siphumle: I do see that we've received the phone, what I'll do is I'll send an email to our finance team to advise them that we've received your return and to remove these charged in your name.

You: When 

You: They saying to me everyday but no one helping 

Siphumle: It's going to take 5 working days for the charge to remove now, please bear with me on this. If the charge is not removed by Thursday next week please, contact us again.

You: Ok thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Shaz Malik 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

I have no reply from anyone please Tom can you help me ? I was within 14 days cooling off period , received a faulty set which o return , agent advised me to move the number before cancelling otherwise I will loose my number and now they billing me for port out which I have no clue what was that and why would I do that if I have fully right to cancel the contract within 14 days from purchase ? Please help I’m very stressed Regards 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Shaz Malik 

We unfortunately cannot always respond to private messages quickly, we’ll continue there when possible.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?