Question

Faulty phone - again

• 16 February 2024
  • 5 replies

I purchased a refurbished phone on a contract, labelled ‘excellent’ condition. When the phone arrived it was clear the screen sensitivity was getting worse by the day, so I exchanged the phone for a replacement, within a fortnight. The phone they sent as the replacement is now also faulty, with the same screen sensitivity issue. It jumps around the place and is impossible to use. Do I give up, and pay for a screen repair with someone on the high street, or go back to them and complain? It was SUCH a faff being without a phone for the exchange period, but I’m paying for a product that’s broken...

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Whether you get a repair, or ask for another replacement, won’t you be without a phone either way, @Roseanna Levermore

Either way, it’s going to be inconvenient. 

Userlevel 4

@Roseanna Levermore  By the way what device do you have?

@Roseanna Levermore  By the way what device do you have?

iPhone 11, thanks!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps staff in an Apple Store may be able to help with your screen issues, @Roseanna Levermore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Roseanna Levermore,

Welcome to the Community!

Where did you purchase the handset from?

If it’s under warranty with the retailer I would advise contacting them directly.

However as @andewhite advised it may be worth having it checked by Apple.

If you have it checked by Apple you can obtain a report from them to provide information regarding the fault which you can send to the retailer if required.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?