Solved

Faulty phone (under 6 months old)

• 28 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

My iPhone 12 pro is not connecting to either Wi-Fi or data. No page will load.

It says it is connected, but no page requiring internet will load.

Other gadgets in the household are working via the Wi-Fi.

The phone is just over 5 months old. It had a few 'jittery' moments after buying it (literally the day of, and onwards).

I knew i should have taken it in to be replaced, but i was new moving to London, and really needed my phone for work - the 14 days flew by, and i didn't have chance to get into the store i bought it from.

The complicated part of all of this is that i am now in Mexico for 6 months.

Is there anything that can be done to help get me back on track with this phone/have it fixed, in the position i am in? 

P.s, i have a Mexican sim card with a data package. This is the data i am referring to when i say Wi-Fi & data not working.

Any assistance appreciated.

Danny

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 28 April 2022, 09:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You're better off taking the phone to Apple to be repaired. Give them a call and they will book you an appointment at one of their Genius Bars and turn around should be same day. If you send the phone to iD Mobile they most probably just forward it to Apple anyway!

As you're in Mexico you will most likely have to wait until you return to the UK. Give apple a call, they may book you in somewhere out in México.

Thanks, i will look for a Mexican number for Apple!

I appreciate your reply.

*Edit for original post: the battery is also going down exremely fast... the phone is on 7% battery from a total screen time of 37 minutes, over 2 days (phone not being used much due to the internet issue). This is from a full charge.

Why iD Mobile?